Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zombiequeen: She sounds a bit like my aunt now. My aunt's a hoarder. You would not BELIEVE the amount of stuff she has stuffed in the fridge, the fridge's freezer, and a separate freezer...and she wants another freezer. She still sounds bitchy, however, especially based on your last thread.

Silly me, I forgot. If my mother had done that, I would have shoved the book down her throat. As it was, I do remember going to my doctor sometime in my teen years and telling him that I thought I was depressed...he recommended a book. Yes, reading that will magically cure me. I'M HEALED!

That sounds like a really awful book. And I thought the thoughts from Satan were those OTHER thoughts...
    "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
    "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
    Amayis is my wifey

Comment

I'm pretty sure the only Satan-induced thought I had was to light the book on fire and shove it my mum's clothing so she would be a human fireball.
      One quarter (Yes, I'm serious, a room sized chunk) of the basement is FULL of yarn from the past thirty years. Gramma seriously thinks that it will get used, for something other than the cats to pee on. I've been sneaking downstairs and throwing it away slowly. I know it's evil but it needs to be done.
      The doctor I used to have had written a little note about how I had depression, but he also wrote "Do not treat: family is poor and medication will make her more slow."
      I love how the first time I went to new doctor she went over the paper notes and was like "He's lucky he retired before I found out about this, I'd take his license away."
      Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
      http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth zombiequeen View Post
        Eisa: She is really old and diabetic and...failing to say it bluntly. There's a reason there's 7 tubs of margarine in the fridge, and that's because she won't remember she has any and will buy more. She's really bitchy most of the time, but then there's times where she isn't. I dunno, it's just kind of odd I guess.
        Don't you know? That's why there's a self-help section at the bookstore My mum doesn't believe in depression, she brought home this stupid "Stomping out Depression the Christian Way" book that basically said "it's all in your head, Satan's making you think bad thoughts, do your devotions and stop focusing on things that aren't god and you won't be depressed anymore." It did give my brother and I a good laugh, but other than that it actually made things worse.
        My step-grandfather's like that. He's getting worse, but thankfully granny's a cardiac tech (aka nurse), so she's medically aware of stuff. When he's not being a goat-bastard, he's pretty chill, and actually has good intentions for our family. Unlike granny's previous 3-4 'husbands.'
        Depression has so many causes, and blaming it all on Satan is like blaming a broken bone on it. Yeah, eventually maybe, but you can at least set the damn bone! I don't like burning books, but sometimes, they aren't worth what they're printed on.
        One quarter (Yes, I'm serious, a room sized chunk) of the basement is FULL of yarn from the past thirty years. Gramma seriously thinks that it will get used, for something other than the cats to pee on. I've been sneaking downstairs and throwing it away slowly. I know it's evil but it needs to be done.
        Good. Just make sure that the more unique pieces aren't some valuable collectable, tho. I do encourage cleaning.
        The doctor I used to have had written a little note about how I had depression, but he also wrote "Do not treat: family is poor and medication will make her more slow."
        I love how the first time I went to new doctor she went over the paper notes and was like "He's lucky he retired before I found out about this, I'd take his license away."
        You and me both, doctor-person. How outrageous!

EDIT: oh, yarn? donate it to local knitters, or sell it online for cheap/pickup only! Or Craigslist it for free/minimal?
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I've been throwing away the cat-piddled yarn. The rest is going to the charity that gives it to the knitters/crocheters that make things for salvation army. I have to wait until after Christmas though, to donate. Gramma thinks that the family will take the rest. Nobody else uses yarn! Her own daughter told her to pitch it!
          The antiques, dang. We could fund the house-fixing with that. They have an entire other house full of crap too.

The book disappeared, I think my brother is to blame. I asked him and he laughed and said "Satan took it because it made him depressed!"
          Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
          http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
            Jester: There is that. My aunt, for instance, is less than a good rug.
            As is my aunt. At times my sister. Definitely my ex. And several other people I could think of, two of whom I would have no problem shooting point blank in the head if it would not result in jail time for me. So yeah, I definitely think THOSE two are worth less than a decent rug.

Quoth Eisa View Post
            I will probably never be able to do a marathon...
            I have the ability to do a marathon if I trained for it, but I have absolutely no desire. And you COULD do it to, if you wanted to. Hell, the impending sprint biathlon has me worried....I had six months to get in shape for it, and I have piddled away four of those months already.

Damn, I need to start riding and hitting the gym!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

The book disappeared, I think my brother is to blame. I asked him and he laughed and said "Satan took it because it made him depressed!"
              That is AWESOME.

My aunt has I-don't-know-how-much-junk. Like...she's gotta have 3000-4000 books, no lie. It's like...dude, I love to read, too. Love books. But I go to the library so that I DON'T have so many books everywhere. I'd rather my place not be taken over. And she gets stuff she doesn't need and just...collects it or something. It's the weirdest fucking thing.

Jester: Oooh, I can think of lots of people I would like to do that, too. Most of my family. My ex. Many ex-friends. My sister's ex. He was at the grocery store tonight, and when we were leaving, I asked my mom: "is it wrong that I want him to choke in his own blood?" She hesitated before saying yes, that's wrong.

Hmm....well, perhaps I could do it, but I think my feet are so fucked-up, the cost would be higher than I'd want to pay. And probably should have surgery first.
              "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
              Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Eisa...my mother was a hoarder of weird crap. She was older and lots of meds...and would save [I]every fucking pill bottle[I] that she would acquire. And save tons and tons of plastic containers and lids, but would mix them all up in a drawer so it took forever to FIND a match. She wasn't much of a hoarder of books thank god...she believed in the library too.

I have a smallish collection of books...and we have a book shelf here at work you can just donate to or take from or both as you see fit. Good way to recycle them in my opinion.

On another note I just bought a copy of the play Butterflies are Free....This is the film that they made in 1972 ....yeah I read plays sometimes. I also own a copy of Closer and Sexual Perversity in Chicago.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Butterflies are Free is pretty good, although it's definitely a period piece. I did a scene from it once for a class. I have a ridiculous amount of playscripts, but...occupational hazard for a theatre scholar. tg, if you every want any suggestions, you know who to ask!
                  "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                  Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                    Butterflies are Free is pretty good, although it's definitely a period piece. I did a scene from it once for a class. I have a ridiculous amount of playscripts, but...occupational hazard for a theatre scholar. tg, if you every want any suggestions, you know who to ask!
                    Nice I will remember that. The only other plays I've read are I Remember Mama and Children of a Lesser God. I did a scene from that one myself in college.

Which scene did you do? and which character?

Comment

It was the final scene and I was the hippie chick (don't remember her name, this was 6-7 years ago). It was actually for another student's directing class. Oddly enough, when I took Directing, I directed a scene from Closer (the last Dan/Alice scene in the hotel room). One of my favorites! I also used a scene from it for my senior performance project (the Alice/Anna scene, didn't make the film, I don't think. I played Anna. My advisor made both of us adopt British accents and they were terrible.)
                      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Nice....yeah Closer is amazing...'nuff said. As for the hippie chick in Butterflies, that would be Jill Tanner aka Mrs Benson

The mother in that play is one of my favorite characters she has the BEST lines. So sarcastic and funny.

Comment

Well, those sound like rather interesting plays! I don't believe I've read many plays...or seen them, for that matter. Now I would like to, they sound splendid!

I simply despise the random collections of who-knows-what that clutter up every available surface. I really do.

I also dislike the numerous lectures she simply MUST have with me about how perfect and wonderful my childhood was. Perhaps someone should open her eyes a bit and she'd see something different, now wouldn't she.

And the thinly veiled accusations against my boyfriend would be nice to stop, as well...she's not getting the hint of the clue x 4 slammed against her head.
                          Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Working...
                          X