Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See, I thought you were in a Plains Province. The Great Plains are known for extreme weather; I lived in South Dakota up against the Black Hills for a little while. All that meant was that we didn't get super-dumped with snow, just dumped. Nasty winds, crazy heat and cold-- negative 30 F wasn't uncommon, it got down to -65 with windchill a few times. School was canceled that day. Heat? Yeah, 100F was common.
    But Ottowa? isn't that more like near the backend of New York? *goes to check* Okay, head of New York. I was close.
    ... you poor bastards. Do you have a/c? and you have humidity! Gah! Go jump in a pool! The lake will probably boil you/infect you with something because bacteria rates are up due to heat.
    *turns fans on Pony_Boy, Kisa and Talon* Here, I'm not using this one.
    Also, I swear, soaking in a cold tub of water helps. Getting out, letting it dry off, then dipping yourself in again. *me gusta*
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

just got home we were able to hide out from the heat in a movie theater ( Got tickets to an advance screening of Captain America! It was good but X-Men first Class was better, also no secret scene after the credits)

Now we're back in the apt on the top floor of an old brick building, no A/C or much air flow at all

luckily we have cold beer!!! Sam Adams Boston Lager to be specific

Comment

hey Pony boy, want to trade places of residences? our highest so far this year is 28C and that was for two days. Tomorrows high is 16 and rain again. We have had more rainy days than dry.

Comment

Quoth Pony_Boy View Post
          just got home we were able to hide out from the heat in a movie theater ( Got tickets to an advance screening of Captain America! It was good but X-Men first Class was better, also no secret scene after the credits)
          what??? NOOOOO~! It cannot be the case that this is the case!
          wahh... why... Captain America's the best. *pouts* *has not seen the movie and is totes jelly*
          Quoth Pony_Boy View Post
          Now we're back in the apt on the top floor of an old brick building, no A/C or much air flow at all
          luckily we have cold beer!!! Sam Adams Boston Lager to be specific
          Yay beer! Douse yourself in the cold tub.
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

It's the freaking humidity right now. I mean, it's hot, but a couple weeks ago I mowed the lawn in hunnert degree heat and it wasn't so bad because the humidity was so low that day.

Right now, it's the humidity. It's like being waterboarded with steam. The heat index is real bad. Not as bad as it is in...and I can't believe I'm typing this...Canada...but bad enough.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
              It's the freaking humidity right now. I mean, it's hot, but a couple weeks ago I mowed the lawn in hunnert degree heat and it wasn't so bad because the humidity was so low that day.

The heat index is real bad. Not as bad as it is in...and I can't believe I'm typing this...Canada...but bad enough.
              apparently its because we re stuck under a phenomena called a "heat dome" yeah never heard of it either luckily things should get back to above normal by the weekend

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
                See, I thought you were in a Plains Province. The Great Plains are known for extreme weather; I lived in South Dakota up against the Black Hills for a little while. All that meant was that we didn't get super-dumped with snow, just dumped. Nasty winds, crazy heat and cold-- negative 30 F wasn't uncommon, it got down to -65 with windchill a few times. School was canceled that day. Heat? Yeah, 100F was common.
                But Ottowa? isn't that more like near the backend of New York? *goes to check* Okay, head of New York. I was close.
                ... you poor bastards. Do you have a/c? and you have humidity! Gah! Go jump in a pool! The lake will probably boil you/infect you with something because bacteria rates are up due to heat.
                *turns fans on Pony_Boy, Kisa and Talon* Here, I'm not using this one.
                Also, I swear, soaking in a cold tub of water helps. Getting out, letting it dry off, then dipping yourself in again. *me gusta*
                What part of the Black Hills? I live in Rapid, I love it because the weather is actually pretty good in the city. We can get in the 100's but it usually does not last for a long period of time and the winters are pretty tame except for the occasional blizzard or two. Now in the Northern Hills, especially in Lead, Deadwood and Spearfish, they get dumped on with some serious snow! Eastern SD and the Plains can really get dumped on and extreme cold. There is more humidity in the Eastern part of SD and the Badlands and middle of the state around Pierre is usually the hottest. So I feel lucky to live in the "banana belt". I do agree about the winds! Holy cow it can sure get windy here!

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
                  It's nice to know I'm not suffering alone today is 105 with a heat index of 115. I've been hiding in the house in my too-short-for-public shorts and my not-small-enough tank top. I'm still dying. I'm starting to contemplate just wearing a bikini around
                  I'm not sure it's a good idea to put that mental picture out there. You know what happened at the fruit market.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

its been over 100 for....weeks now. i'm so sick of summer!

Comment

I want winter.

I want snow.

Please remind me I said this in November
                      "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
                        I want winter. I want snow. Please remind me I said this in November
                        Don't worry; Jester will.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

it was 80 degrees this morning at 6am

its 4pm. its 101 degrees, and feels like 107.

eff this. we dont have ac

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                            Don't worry; Jester will.
                            It's amazing how with in six years of hiking, I've gone from a warm climate gal to cold climate

I finally grew my hair to mid-back....this heat is making me want to hack it all off.
                            "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                            "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

According to the news, it hit 113 F here today. No .. that is not a typo...I don't think I've ever experienced that before.
                              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

It's 105 (eta: at 5:15 pm) in Baltimore with a heat index of... Idk. But a bit more. Walking outside is like hitting the sauna.
                                I ride the bus. Which is heavily air conditioned. But waiting for the bus? Miserable.
                                I tried to time it so I'd only have to wait a couple minutes. But it didn't work. I forgot that the buses *always* run late on Friday afternoons. Duh!

I'm just thankful my work and home are air conditioned. Now if we could get a/c for the stock room that'd be great. And if we could get corporate to turn the thermostat down a little more...
                                Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                                Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Working...
                                X