This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am an IDIOT!

So, apparently, as I came into work last night, I managed to lock my keys in my car. So, the next day found me with a door stop and coat hanger in 90+ degree heat, after an 8-hr night shift, trying desperately to hit the auto-lock switch so I could go home. I took me more than an hour.

You may all enjoy a hearty laugh, now.

OK, that's enough.

SC

PS: Yes, I have my keys tonight.
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

not laughing, you aren't alone. did that before....
    only i was in the middle of a freak out until a stranger showed me hey get a hanger and pick up the key ring with it.
    this was back in the 90's and i had gone to get something from mom's car the window was cracked and i left the keys on the seat and closed the door. if it were not for that helpful stranger i would have lost it

that and you are entitled to "idiot moments" now and then

Comment

You're not an idiot. And I've done it more than once.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I locked my keys in the car... while it was running.
        On a blistering hot day, and the car already had overheating issues...
        thankfully, I remembered the spare set after about 15 minutes!
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

This is a thing I've done many times. I've always had a spare key with family, but it is a pain in the butt to call someone at 3 AM because I'm not paying attention to what I'm doing...

Now I carry a spare key in my wallet, which I NEVER leave in the car.
          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I did it once, and only once.

*knock wood*

And my car had a shit ton of scratches from my Dad angrily trying to pry the coat hanger through the back window. Thankfully, it was a Neon, which had manual, big chunky locks, so it should have been easy, but my dad is not the best with his fingers apparently.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I don't have a car, but I left my house key at home a couple times. Once I forgot my purse when I left for work and had to go back home & yell for my mom (thank god she used to get up early) to come down & let me back in.

The other time, my brother & my sisters & I all went out one afternoon & I left my purse home. Got home & no key. I had left my bedroom window open so my brother pushed out the screen and helped my youngest sister climb up and into the window. She laughed so hard she ended up lying on the floor and could barely stand up.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Okay one time my mom, grandmother, hubby and I were in Dallas for Market (Which is like a huge trade show for retailers). We were invited to a dinner at one of my vendors. My grandmother being the cautious almost senile person she was, locked her purse in the trunk. We didn't realize her keys were in her purse until we came back to the parking garage at 11pm. We had to wait outside until 2am for a locksmith to come and get into our trunk. My grandfather was really worried since we were a four+ hour drive away from home.
                https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I used to work with a girl who showed up for a meeting, left her car running, locked it and went it. She came down an hour later to a dead car. It had run out of gas, and since she had the heater running it ran the battery dead.

Comment

There are two two type of people in this world.
                    1. Those that have locked their keys in their car.
                    2. Those that are going to lock their keys in their car.

I belong to the prior...
                    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                    Save the Ales!
                    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I have done this several times, but perhaps the worst was the time I did it during the year and a half I was traveling the U.S. I had slept the previous night in my truck (tinted windows are awesome) without incident, and that morning, I was gassing it up. And somehow (don't ask, I don't know), I managed to lock my keys in my truck at the gas station.

In Bakersfield, California.

Where I knew exactly one person: me.

Luckily, this was my old truck, which due to age or poor design had a way for me to break into it without too much trouble. (Due to design differences, that method does not exist for me on my current truck; while they are the same model, they are 11 years apart in age.)

Nowadays, my roommate Mr. Anti-Social has a spare key for my truck in his room for just such a situation. And yes, I have had to make use of this arrangement. Luckily, I have not managed to lock myself out on any other road trips, where such an arrangement would have been moot.

But yeah, it sucks.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

My mom and my sister both used to be notorious for doing this. It reached a point where I had copies of both of their car keys made to put on *my* keyring for just-in-case purposes.
                        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                          You may all enjoy a hearty laugh, now.

.......What?? You asked for it!

Comment

My worse instance of locking my keys in a vehicle involved said vehicle still running. Yes, the keys were in the ignition, and the vehicle was still running when I closed the door and locked myself out. I was just lucky it had a small window in the back that was unlocked, and that somebody small enough to fit in the window.
                            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
                              I locked my keys in the car... while it was running.
                              .... *Ducks head and raises hand* I did the same thing. Turns out, the last time my dad had driven my car he'd snuck out to get a copy of my key made.

Dad's sneaky when he wants to be.
                              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
                              X