• Show
Clear All

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
    did you see her before the drugs/booze?
    When, when she was EIGHT?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Just a reminder that as tragic as this is, generalized comments about "societal woes" and the like belong on Fratching, not here.
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        When, when she was EIGHT?
        That's a little uncalled for. I wasn't a fan, and I rolled my eyes at her lifestyle and the way she squandered opportunities, but that's a bit harsh.

Think this pic was around 04? 05?
        Last edited by iradney; 07-25-2011, 05:45 PM. Reason: found a better pic
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I wasn't trying to be overly harsh, and yes, the comment was a bit exaggerated, but my point was that, pretty much from the first time we became aware as a public of Ms. Winehouse, we also became aware of her propensity for living life on the edge and enjoying various vices. She was pretty much a package deal, it seemed.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            While I was not what you would call a huge fan, today's headlines shocked me. (I just found out about this within the last half hour, when I got online.) Well, shocked me in the sense that I was sad to see such a fantastic singer exit stage left so damn early. I can't say I was truly surprised by the news; as others have said, you could see it coming.

Well, she's definitely not going back to rehab, I say no, no, no. (Love that song.)

And by the way, the only similarity between Lohan and Winehouse is youthful recklessness and hard partying. Lohan doesn't have a fraction of the talent Winehouse had.
            May very well be, I'm not qualified to say as I'm not a fan of either. I just think the similarities in self-destructive behavior are notable.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
            X