This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather Channel, Key West version....

Thought you guys would find this amusing. Welcome to the Florida Keys, and our very laidback lifestyle, including our own "Weather Channel." (For those not in the now, Stock Island is the next Key up from Key West, and as far as the post office is concerned, IS part of Key West--no one has a "Stock Island" address.)
    Last edited by Jester; 06-12-2012, 05:53 AM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

that is hilarious.
    "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
    "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
    Amayis is my wifey

Comment

We had something similar up in New England.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

There's something similar to that a few streets down at the entrance to someone's driveway, it's awesome. It involves a rock, though.
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Hillbilly's weather station, aye-yup.
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

My grandpa had something in his shed that looked like that except it was with a piece of string and the line was that if the string is missing, then someone has flogged it. (stolen)
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Is the shell missing because someone took it with them to save it or because the hurricane blew it away?
              How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Actually, the shell's there. Look again.

Still A Customer."

Comment

My mum has a redneck weather rock like that, but if it's missing it's a tornado.

That's awesome though, I giggle when I see things like that.
                  Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                  http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    Actually, the shell's there. Look again.
                    No, I mean when an hurricane hits what happens to the shell?
                    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

The hurricane blows it away. That's why the board says that if the shell is missing, that is an indicator of a hurricane. Ya know, those pesky little 100+ mph winds tend to take things for a ride!

Still A Customer."

Comment

I saw a stick version once, where if the stick was missing, it was blizzard weather. Another version was a rope on a board painted to look like a cow (the rope was the tail), though I don't remember the gag at the end. Might have been "rope straight up = tornado."
                        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Love it.

I think my laptop turned into it's own weather system when I went to turn it on earlier . . .

When it's fogged up, it's time to turn off the A/C. When it's not fogged up, turn On the A/C.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                          X