Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apart from various racers, my best celebrity encounter was Dusty Rhodes of ZZ Top in a hotel elevator - 3 times in a night. Seemed like a pretty cool dude. Would have loved to invite him for a beer.

B
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
    I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

at my pizza place

no one of national renound BUT we do get some of the local (very famous) NFL football team players in occasionally with their kids. we just leave them alone as they get bothered enough by the local fantics (BUT we stare out at them from the back room).

hey they are just trying to be a regular dad taking (something that is hard to do in this town) their son out for pizza or something.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Way back in the late '80s, I met a country singer at a club that was hosting a powwow. I sold her a beaded Christmas ornament. That was also the night I won the 50/50 raffle. She had an "R" name, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

At Medieval Times I was in the booth when Steven Spielberg came up to purchase tickets, though he went to the other girl in the booth instead of me. He was wearing a pink baseball cap and was rather nondescript; I wouldn't have known who he was if it wasn't for the fact that we knew he was coming.

In the early '90s, I worked with the great grandson of the infamous Gen. Hooker.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

All my customers are on the phone, and the few times somebody big has been in the building for an interview (Hillary Clinton was there, the governor, a few others) I never get to meet them. I have talked to a few local newscasters who were big names here. Once was a kinda snooty, one was very sweet.

I used to work with a woman who had worked for an airline when she was younger, and one of her customers was Rod Serling.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

We had Donald Sutherland in our store a couple of weekends in a row a few months back when he was making a movie in our area. The second weekend he was carded by one of the cashiers who had no idea who he was. He didn't have his ID on him by one of the managers overrode it for him.
            "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

A couple years back at the (dept store with the big damn parade in New York) I worked at here in CS Barbra bush (former first lady) came to shop for make up. At the time I was on merchandising and headed to the dock via a stockroom shortcut and saw her sitting at one of the counters (lancome maybe). There was a secret service guy watching her from handbags and another one next to her.
              I later heard she fussed a bit because they didn't have whatever makeup thing she wanted.

Also, I know several people around town that have met Chuck Norris and Lyle Lovett. They both have ranches in the next town over.
              Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 11-28-2011, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Recently, I met local celebrity (Hell, where I am he is a deity) Nick Saban

I did concessions at Talladega a few years, I was walking through the infield one night and there was a guy sitting outside one of the RV's playing guitar and singing funny songs, I stopped and listened for a bit and said "You sound like Rodney Carrington." He said "I am Rodney Carrington."

Later on that season I had (pretended to anyways) a beer with Mike from Orange County Shoppers.

Most notable was Morgan Freeman when I worked in a bar in Mississippi.
                http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

In my work as an adviser I only ever met people when things were bad. You only really get to see the bad side of life - now when I walk past all the biggest glossiest hotels, restaurants, shops in the city I just know which ones rip of their staff etc.

So I don't meet celebrities. I did once advise a woman who was an actor, and had previously worked in a very high profile childrens TV series. I didn't recognise her but I certainly would have recognised her equivalent from when I was the age to watch the program.

But as I say I normally see only the bad side of things - so the most interesting person I met was probably a woman who had once dated a serial killer.

(Somewhat related - Someone I worked with at my last job had a friend who had worked at the JobCentre with this guy. He used to cook for office events being the only person with a really really large pot...)

At an office dinner shortly before I left my last job my manager was telling us how he'd once advised 2 people thrown out of the foreign legion - which I thought was pretty interesting.

Victoria J

Comment

I lived in the LA area during high school & a few years after, my first job was at a discount store We had one actor who came in now and then, doubt anyone remembers him (this was waaay back, early 70's), Jesse White - he was a character actor, did a lot of older movies, at the time he was well known for doing several years of commercials as "the lonely Maytag repairman". He used to joke with us a lot, I recall chatting with him, and having him ask if I was "married, or happy?"

About the same time period, saw Al Lewis at the lunch counter in a drug store (he was Grandpa on the old Munster TV series). He really looked scruffy, either he was down on his luck or dressed for another part - unshaven, dishelved, etc.

A year or so later my then-husband-now-ex was working at a car dealership, and James Brolin used to come in quite often, one of the salesmen was a good friend of his. I was there picking the ex up from work when he was there a couple of times. This was way back when he was the sidekick doctor on Marcus Welby. And yes, he's as good looking in person as on TV & in movies

My now-hubby was on the USS Carl Vinson when they filmed Behind Enemy Lines there. He said Gene Hackman stayed in his stateroom and only came out to do scenes, but Owen Wilson & David Keith chatted with the crew, signed autographs, etc.

And if you're a fan of old time-travel movies, in The Final Countdown (where the aircraft carrier goes back in time to WWII), if you watch where the storm is coming in and they're trying to tell the planes to come back to the carrier, the signalman who is shown using the signal lights to contact them is an old boyfriend - not an actor, he was actually a signalman aboard the Nimitz when it was filmed on board

Oh, and when my sister did some geneology research, we found we're related on our Dad's side to the old country singer Clyde Beavers, and on our Mom's side to George C. Scott. Not that I've ever met either of them .....

I think that pretty much covers all brushes with fame I've had

Madness takes it's toll....
                    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Well, I talked to Barbara Dickson on Facebook once, just for a sentence or two.
                      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                        Well, I talked to Barbara Dickson on Facebook once, just for a sentence or two.
                        Haha I talked with singer Vonda Shepard on facebook, and I'm friends with Rick Roberts from the band Firefall on there, plus some other singers and actors.

Daniel Baldwin lives in my area...and while I talk to him via twitter and stuff I haven't met him yet. Supposedly I'm going to soon...we'll see.
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
                        X