This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay! Finally, Some Good News!

Okay, I've not been very stressed about the job going away at the end of the year. My company is closing, and there's just no avoiding it, and nothing I can do to prevent it, slow it down, or even ignore it and pretend it's not there. It's done.

Even still, I've decided that I can always make a go of opening my own consulting firm. I already have a client that I could rely on to pay me at least as much as I could get from unemployment, so that puts me in a pretty good position.

I also mostly stopped throwing my resume out there for anything. I let people know that I'm for hire, I've updated G+, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, so that I can try to improve my online visibility, but that's it.

That, though, was enough. I had an interview a week ago. I got that interview due to former coworkers who had moved on to this company. I liked what I saw. I liked the people, the tech, the environment. I was (cautiously) hopeful. Today I got, and accepted, an offer from them. I'm starting up on Dec 19.

I've got myself a new job. Just barely before the current one would be calling it kaput. I wasn't overly stressed, but I'll admit it's nice to know a bit of what's coming.

Finally, some good news out of all this

Congrats!!!!!
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Ooooh yes!

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
        Ooooh yes!

Rapscallion
        I'm gonna second this and add a WOOT!
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Congratulations on the new job!

Comment

Congrats!
            Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
            What's the difference?
            We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Awesome news, Peds. Congrats!!!!!
              "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Congrats!!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

That is so GREAT!!!! Good luck to you with this.

Comment

Awesome! Congratulations on your new job. Now, until it starts you can watch your old one begin to merrily burn. =)

Comment

Party at Pedersen's house! I'll bring my triple choc chip cookies
                      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Hell Yeah!!!!
                        In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                        She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

That's wonderful! Congrats on the new job!

Are you still planning on doing the consulting part-time?

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                            Party at Pedersen's house! I'll bring my triple choc chip cookies
                            Bring any desks that need refacing. Pedersen will do 'em all.
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Thanks everybody. It does feel good to post something positive for a change. That's been in awfully short supply this year.

Quoth dalesys View Post
                              Bring any desks that need refacing. Pedersen will do 'em all.
                              I'm gonna need some help. Hopefully, kara will volunteer. I'm not really wanting to deal with the consequences of using somebody else for that much work...

Comment

Working...
                              X