This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short staffed...just a little.

So I work in a big one-stop shopping Wal-Mart-sized store. I work out on the sales floor straightening shelves, putting away returns, and helping customers. In the past couple of weeks we have lost several of our workers. Three of my co-workers, all guys and all best friends, got a new job together and left. It's kind of annoying that they got better paying jobs, since they would call in constantly and screw off all the time. Jobs are incredibly difficult to find here in Michigan, but they did it. One girl is on some kind of leave or flat out quit or something. One older lady is in the hopsital...again. And another guy abruptly moved away to the other side of the state. So lately every night we've had three people working on the floor total. So that's three people to complete health and beauty care, card and party, seasonal christmas shit (you can imagine how trashed that gets), toys, home decor (everything from crafts to towels to coffee makers), sporting goods, automotive, hardware, and pets. It's just grand. I swear, I could barely walk after tonight. Dear God, I want to throw a party when Christmas is over and GONE.
    Last edited by Despina83; 12-14-2011, 04:35 AM.

You have my full sympathy. I wish I could help you.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Hang in there Despina...only 10 days to go!! *passes cookies and hot chocolate*
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I bet this company is based out of Michigan! I used to work there if it is. (I recommend neither confirming or denying where it is based out of).

Are they at least letting you go when you're scheduled off or are they making you stay till everything is damn near perfect? Like edged out on the edge of the shelves?

Comment

If it's the store I think it is, it gets kind of worse after Christmas since all the toys get marked down so people return the toys they bought and rip through the clearance.

Comment

Working...
          X