Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Wireless networking such a difficult concept?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth trunks2k View Post
    I have one built into my motherboard. But I don't have landline service at my place.
    My laptop has a dialup modem built in. The new desktop at my mom's place doesn't; the old one does, but I'm not sure if the heap actuially works anymore...

I do have a 28.8 modem card somewhere in my boxes-o-junk...
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
      We just got DSL with a gateway capable of doing wireless (we have a fairly complicated home network). My husband says that he's gone through the setup software and disabled wireless. Are we *sure* it's off? (Yes, I'm feeling just a tad paranoid about some slimy jerk routing through our system and creating problems for us.)
      Simpler method would be to just password it with 128 bit encryption.....

26 digit/letter password normally
      "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Quoth MacPrince View Post
        Actually, no such service is required for a Bluetooth hands-free system, at least nothing but your cell phone plan. The Bluetooth system in the car connects only to your phone over Bluetooth and to the car's audio system to funnel the conversation over the car's speakers. A microphone in the cabin (usually on the overhead console) picks up your voice.
        I stand corrected.

Comment

Working...
        X