X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
    (manager cuz of Dilbert Principle)
    Ouch. Been a while since I read that one. I'll have to dig it out. I recognized a few too many of my past managers in that book

his longing to leave the store bang on time was good for all the staff, as we got to leave on time, too.
    At least he had an upside ^_^
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

You guys would be proud of me. A few days ago, I went to Princess Auto to browse the surplus section and see if anything interesting had come in. I didn't realize how late it was, and I had just finished looking at the latest flyer and walked into the main part of the store, when the announcement came "Attention customers, it is now 9 PM and Princess Auto is now closed". I immediately turned around and headed for the exit. One staffer asked me if there was anything I was looking for, and I told her that there wasn't any particular item, but that I had originally intended to see if there was anything interesting in the Surplus section.

Naturally, that's the sort of thing that can wait for another day.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
        I can't speak for my CW's but at the tax office, I lock it at closing time. Next I assure any customers waiting that they will be served as they arrived before closing. Unlocking the door to let them out is not a problem.
        Ugh, our place won't let u lock the door unless there are no customers are in there.
        Also, if we are closed, locked up and walking to our car and a customer sees us, we have to reopen to let them in and do their taxes.
        You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Comment

Quoth AmethystSquirrel View Post
          Also, if we are closed, locked up and walking to our car and a customer sees us, we have to reopen to let them in and do their taxes.
          I hope they have you clock back in when this BS happens... >_> 'Twould be quite unwise on their part not to.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

This reminded me of an actual Yelp review I just read on a local restaurant:

"Well the food is pretty good but the service sucks. If you come in 20 minutes to closing they practically rush you out the door."

Comment

I've had a couple of situations in the past when I've had Murphys Law kick me in the rear (Keyboard/mouse/something else gives up the ghost), unsurprisingly this happens somethings like half an hour before the local electronics shop is due to close for the night, usually they are getting ready to close the security gate, but since I know exactly what I want and will be in and out, they are generally happy to let me make my purchase - nice of them considering it is only a $10 purchase if that...
              Violets are blue,
              Roses are red,
              I bequeath to thee...
              A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                Quoth AmethystSquirrel View Post
                I hope they have you clock back in when this BS happens... >_> 'Twould be quite unwise on their part not to.
                Agreed, that sucks. The FO has the system set up so that once your shift ends, you can't clock in 'til 15 minutes before it begins again. AmethystSquirrel's arrangement is so ripe for abuse by both staffers and SC's, it's not even funny.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Of all the idiotic, rude SC behaviours, hanging around after the store closes, or worse yet, trying to come in as the store closes, is the one that I just can't figure out. If I want to buy something on a day when I'm at uni (basically, the closest thing to the SC's 9-5 job), then I head into the store as soon as I get into the city. If I need to buy something on my day off, I head into the city as soon as I've had breakfast and done anything else that literally needs to be done. I certainly don't wait until five minutes before the store closes. Why would anyone do that?

Comment

Cuz they're idiots? I remember an SC once demanding on Christmas Eve that we keep the store open til 7pm (petrol station shut at 6:30) cuz she was busy all day and wouldn't be done til then. Strangely enough, the SC received a resounding "No." to her question. What she was doing all day could easily have been put aside til she'd gone to the petrol station, surely? At least, that is what a sane person would do.
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                    X