This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B*tches, Please!

This just happened about ab hour ago and I'm still kind of fuming!
    *Note: My store closes at 1 am. My MOD I was closing with likes to be out by 1:15.

At 12:58 I am asked to lock the door. Before I could finish clearing the area between me and the door, a young woman pops her head in.

SC1: Are you guys closing?
    Me: In about two minutes.
    SC1: Can I come in for just a second? (Never that simple, is it?) Do you have bridal lingerie?
    Me: Yes. Let me ask. (turn to MOD) Is it okay if she comes in?
    MOD: I don't care, just tell her we close at 1.
    Me: You can come in.

SC1 leaves and brings with her SC2. By the time they get in it's 1. I jokingly ask MOd if I should kick them out now or give them a minute. I'm told to give them a minute and walk over there.

SC1: What time do you guys close?
    Me: 1.
    SC1: Oh, I thought you were 24/7.
    ME: (with 8 staff, that's a laugh :rolling No. We close at one. We have a sign outside that says we close at 1. We're open Friday and Saturday 10-1, any other day 10-11pm.
    SC1: *rinse, lather, repeat* about 5-6 times
    Me: Varies responses to no, dummy 1 AM. That and only that!

MOD shuts off music.

SC1: Are you alone? It's so quiet.
    ME: No, she's over there. We shut off the music when we're closing. (TAKE A HINT!)

I move over to MOD and ask what I should do. She says give them another minute and then tell them they have 1 minute. I replace broken hanger, give them 2 minutes and tell them.

(4 minutes later or so) Finally SC1 starts moving, she kind of heads to the door with a product in her hand, but seems to still be in shopping mode.

Me: Do you want me to hold that for you for tomorrow..or?
    SC1: No, I'm ready now. I'm paying for this now.

She proceeds to take a u-turn from the cash register back into lingerie. Meanwhile SC2 is on another rack. I am still new to the job to where I am not sure if I can say ok, you need to get out now!

Sc2: Are these half-off? *note: big 50% sign off above rack
    Me: Yes, that's half off.
    Sc2: Are these all half off? *Indicating entire department.
    Me: Just that rack

During this, SC1 has brought up an additional product, has me check for a different size then goes to join her friend.MOD wants to get them out now.

MOD: I'm sorry girls, but we need you to leave now. We have a deadline of when we need to close. We need to close now.
    SC2: (snotty as hell tone) Oh we know. We're ready. We're leaving. She'll just pay. *proceeds to rummage clothes.

B*TCH PLeASE! We let you into the store as we are CLOSING! You are here quite a bit past close and you want to take on that tone? I had to bite my tongue from saying "OMG you are so rude!"

*Oh and on top of that they fuuuucked our door count (telling us # of customers) I asked for IDS SC1 forgot hers in the car. Sign with times, also states that you should be prepared to present ID.

Last minute customers, and customers that won't leave when they're told the store is closing/closed... UGH. Pet peeve of mine.

Comment

I seriously had to have some whiskey and ice-cream to cool me off. About to go play violent video games. Retail makes me hate people

Comment

In my opinion people like this do this on purpose. There is no other logical explanation for why somebody MUST BUY bridal lingerie at 1 AM. Seriously.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I wonder if it would've been ok for the manager to tell them that due to security, they must leave, and if they didn't, the authorities would be called? That's possible at some places, and definitely not allowed at others.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

When I was a student, I was a cashier at a grocery store. The last minute customers were killing me, they just were not able to make up their mind on what they wanted. I was always the last one to close my till. I came to despise the express line with a passion.

Maybe that's why I never go into a store unless I have at least a 30 to 45 minute window before they close.
            It's not the years in you life that count, it's the life in your years! - Quote from the office coffee cup.

Comment

It is usually the last SC of the day to just put the nasty icing on the cake.
              You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Comment

Man. SC2 would've made my blood boil.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  In my opinion people like this do this on purpose. There is no other logical explanation for why somebody MUST BUY bridal lingerie at 1 AM. Seriously.
                  Actually there is

Mommy dearest forgot to pack *newbride*'s lingerie for her wedding night, and *newhusband* is back at the hotel getting, shall we say, "antsy?"

Comment

I admit that I've gone to a petrol station when they had fifteen minutes before they closed, but I didn't dawdle. I put in a fiver, paid then left asap. It's the people who show up five minutes before we close, then proceed to a) fill their car up to the brim and b) fart about looking at everything in the shop who piss me off. If you turn up just before we close, at least have the common decency to just stick enough fuel in your tank to keep you going and if you must buy something in the kiosk, don't take forever doing so! I often entertain fantasies of finding out where these people work, then going there just before they leave and faffing about for half an hour to make them realise just how annoying it is.
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Cecily View Post
                      *snip*
                      Maybe that's why I never go into a store unless I have at least a 30 to 45 minute window before they close.
                      Same! Having worked in retail for so long I just cannot bring myself to do it.

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                      *snip*
                      I often entertain fantasies of finding out where these people work, then going there just before they leave and faffing about for half an hour to make them realise just how annoying it is.
                      You and me both.

I don't understand what makes people think that it's not rude and inconvenient to stick around after closing time. How do they justify it to themselves?!

Comment

Well you see, to them we're not people, we're retail robots. We don't have homes to go to, we don't get hungry and after our working day is done, we're switched off and put in a cupboard.
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                        X