Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And Tax season has only JUST started.....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Tax season has only JUST started.....

...and I have had a purse thrown at me.

Yup. This girl turned 18 in December. Lives with Mom & Dad. They pay for everything including her 3 year old daughter.
    She worked and ONLY made $440. She was pissed when i said A. She did not need to file. But B. if she does file, she is only getting $23.

I could not figure out any other way to explain to her...Girl, you ONLY MADE Four hundred and Forty Dollars. Federal ONLY withheld Twenty Three dollars.

I stressed she did not need to file. She finally was bitching up a storm and wanted her $23. I told her "Ma'am it will not be worth the filing. It will cost you $100 to get $23."
    She threw her purse at me screaming I want me $23 you will give it to me now.

Ugh...if this is a sample of what is to come, then I need to get a hockey mask.
    You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

I foresee ID trouble for some of our C-store people with this chick. "I have a 3 year old why should I show ID!!!!"
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

You're right Tama, I could see that trouble too!
      You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Comment

Well if she knew how to read she could have picked up the forms from the library and send in the paper form of her taxes...

Comment

Are you allowed to refer her to TaxFreedom.com? It's free online TurboTax. Granted she'd have to think to use it... On second thought, never mind.

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
            I foresee ID trouble for some of our C-store people with this chick. "I have a 3 year old why should I show ID!!!!"
            Yeah that means diddly squat to me. When I was in middle school there was 6th graders that were pregnant. So about 11 and about 14 when the kid's 3.

Comment

So how long until you get someone who wants to claim truck nuts again?
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

And I had just forgotten the truck nuts!
                My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                  As the pregnancy cause?

Probably a driveby by that bandido, Luis Morales...
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                    I would rather have that!!!

Comment

Quoth Amajean View Post
                      Yeah that means diddly squat to me. When I was in middle school there was 6th graders that were pregnant. So about 11 and about 14 when the kid's 3.

that's just wrong on so many levels.
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Oh good lord. My daughter's 14, and I think I'm going to sit her down this year and show her how to use TurboTax. I will NOT be the mother of some twit like that.

Taxes really aren't that difficult for the average filer. On top of doing my own taxes since I was 15 and handling my hubby's business taxes for the last 16 years, I used to do the volunteer stuff for military and their spouses. Even the home daycare business folks were simple Schedule C's. Follow the instructions and put the right numbers in the right place. Use a tax program and you don't even need to worry about doing the math or cross-referencing other forms. Someone incapable of filling out a 1040EZ probably needs to be reminded to breathe on a regular basis.
                        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                          Taxes really aren't that difficult for the average filer. On top of doing my own taxes since I was 15 and handling my hubby's business taxes for the last 16 years, I used to do the volunteer stuff for military and their spouses. Even the home daycare business folks were simple Schedule C's. Follow the instructions and put the right numbers in the right place. Use a tax program and you don't even need to worry about doing the math or cross-referencing other forms. Someone incapable of filling out a 1040EZ probably needs to be reminded to breathe on a regular basis.
                          Like I told one client who had been FUBARing hers for years (needlessly overpaying): If you have a 1099 for something other than interest, your return is best left to professionals.
                          As for the OP, I get one or two of those each season. They think they should be getting more because of [FILL IN THE BLANK]. After all [NAME FRIEND/RELATIVE--REAL OR IMAGINED], got a lot back.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

i am so glad i'm not filing other people's taxes this year. did that for a couple of years for a little side money - a little is exactly what i got so my husband and i agreed it would be better just to not do it this year (too much stress and SCs to deal with to be worth my time). the first couple of weeks and the last week of tax season are the worst. yall have all my respect for what you have to deal with.
                            there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                              Well if she knew how to read she could have picked up the forms from the library and send in the paper form of her taxes...
                              I agree. She could probably use the 10-40 EZ that anyone could do. Why
                              would you pay someone to do something you could do yourself. Wait, I
                              forgot where I was.

Comment

Working...
                              X