Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"An open letter to the snotty barista at the Coffee Bean on San Vacente Boulevard:
    I know there were twenty people behind me in line,
    But I was on a cell phone call with my mother.
    Didn't you see me hold up my index finger?
    That means I'll order my soy decaf hazelnut latte in just a couple minutes.
    So what's with the attitude lady?
    No tip for you! "
    Last edited by Mr Hero; 01-19-2013, 01:41 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
      There is a small convenience store close to where I live, they got so tired of the cellphone crowd that they have a sign stating you will not be helped while on the phone.. and they stick to it.. makes me happy to shop there.
      God, I wish I could put a sign like that up. Unfortunately, Corporate would have a conniption if I did. Surely, they'd consider it "bad customer service" or something along those lines. *sigh* A girl can dream though. A girl can dream. Oh, also, I'm one of those rare people that ends a phone call when I'm at the checkout when I'm shopping. What? It's called being polite!
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        Makes one long for a slip-on dog-zapping collar...
        AND the handy dandy remote thru the phone 120V phone zapper.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
          There is a small convenience store close to where I live, they got so tired of the cellphone crowd that they have a sign stating you will not be helped while on the phone.. and they stick to it.. makes me happy to shop there.
          An increasing number of stores are doing this, which is brilliant IMO.

If someone calls me when I'm in line somewhere, I'll let them know that I'm in line somewhere, and will tell them to hold while I'm being served. You'd be amazed the number of times my mates will ignore this and keep talking to me even though my phone will be down as I'm being served (and then have the gall to ask why I put the phone down on them).
          the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
            God, I wish I could put a sign like that up. Unfortunately, Corporate would have a conniption if I did. Surely, they'd consider it "bad customer service" or something along those lines. *sigh*
            Lessee...NOT waiting for cell users in line allows you to process the other customers that much faster -- after all, they don't have to wait for that person to finish their call. I would call making the user step out of line EXCELLENT customer service! ...for everyone standing behind them in line, anyway.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              "An open letter to the snotty barista at the Coffee Bean on San Vacente Boulevard:
              No tip for you! "
              And didn't you see me hold up my middle finger? That means instead of hazelnut, your latte will have bitter almond flavour.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Draco View Post
                Honestly? I'll talk to them even more when they're yakking.
                I do that, or respond to what he was saying on the phone.

A couple times I have had the SCs get annoyed but I say something to the effect of "Oh sorry sir, I assumed you were talking to me since I am here in person."
                You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  No tip for you! "
                  Weird Al for the win! (Gotta say, he looks pretty good as Jim Morrison!)
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

When I get customers in my line that are on their phone I won't say anything to them except maybe their total. Unless they're a regular and apologize.
                    The one time I was on the phone with my girlfriend when I went into a store to pick up a couple things I ended up putting my phone in my pocket as I got more then I was expecting and I couldn't hold the phone and my items. Once I paid I stuffed as much as I could into my mini backpack and grabbed my phone again and apologized to my girlfriend. Of course she was the one that told me to put my phone in my pocket so she wasn't offended. :P
                    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

My mom will sometimes call me while she is in the line at a fast food place. Or in a drive thru.

Once I figure out where she is, I hang up.

Of course when we're out someplace together because she "wants to spend time with me" she on the phone/texting her boyfriend and work buddies the whole time. *sigh*
                      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

One time I had someone come up to the front desk yapping on their cell phone. I didn't know if they wanted to check-in, wanted information about rates or whatever because they were too busy with their oh-so-important phone call to let me in on it. While they were busy yapping away, the front desk phone rang and it was someone calling to make a reservation, so I took it. About halfway through the reservation, douchebag was done with his phone call and then he got annoyed because he had to wait two minutes before I finished mine.

I hate people.

Comment

Roughly what proportion of these cellphone jerks have made an intelligent choice of which phone to buy, i.e. small size with rounded edges? After all, that should minimize trauma to the patient when it becomes a rectal foreign body.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

The funny part about THAT is that nurses at the ER will never believe that the SC didn't put the thing there.
                            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                              The funny part about THAT is that nurses at the ER will never believe that the SC didn't put the thing there.
                              "Can you believe this dummy didn't even have it on vibrate?"
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X