This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Shannarah View Post
    We had one lady that used to come through and buy one brand of cigarettes, but would demand that she got one with a specific health warning label - the one that said "Your smoking may harm others"
    I had a few of those. Not sure if it's the case now in the US, but down here the labels for the cigarette packages are extremely graphic...think lungs, eyeballs, gangrenous feet, newly born/stillborn infant and my personal favourite, the mouth cancer one. (there's a few non-graphic ones, but they still have images)

I had people complaining about the mouth cancer or the eyeball. Luckily each carton came with a mixture of warnings, although I would say after a while "nope, that's the only carton we have left." (we had a rule that if there were no full cartons on the shelf, we were to pull the equivalent of a carton off the shelf and put it through as a carton. The only ones we couldn't do were the twin packs due to them having their own code)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

They just went to plain packing in Aus, so every box is an ugly olive green with small writing of the brand on it.
      I was buying some for my hubby and tried to correct her when I didn't see the usual yellow pouch. I had a DERP moment and apologised when it dawned on me.

I can't imagine what SCs would do when faced with hundreds of drab green boxes.

Comment

Quoth JettGirl View Post
        They just went to plain packing in Aus, so every box is an ugly olive green with small writing of the brand on it.
        I was buying some for my hubby and tried to correct her when I didn't see the usual yellow pouch. I had a DERP moment and apologised when it dawned on me.

I can't imagine what SCs would do when faced with hundreds of drab green boxes.
        I can assure you that they would've had that from a LOT of people. Some of whom would not have been as nice about it.

As far as smokeshop brain burps have gone, I would occasionally grab the 50g pouches when customers wanted the 30g or vice-versa.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Getting between a drug addict and there drug of choice can be dangerous

We have a stupid law here:

The new law means that in everyday retail settings, no members of the public – especially young people and recent ex-smokers – will be exposed to the sight of tobacco products (including packages and cartons). The law covers tobacco product delivery, restocking and sale.

That’s right they can’t be seen before the sale

Smallfry
          PS Only 25% of the tax collected in NZ get spend on related illness

Comment

Working...
          X