This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupons......

HoC doesn't offer coupons very often. The ones available most often are for new customers and the ones open to everyone have restrictions and prices that you have to reach before they apply (like spend 40 or more before tax and shipping, but the item they want is 39.95, etc).

The suck comes when HoC distributes the new customer coupons because people don't read the not so fine print that clearly states new customers only. These can't be overridden as the system is coded to reject the coupon if you don't qualify.

Most people understand, some pitch a small fit and cancel and hang up, but a special few think that they have a way around.

So today I get a person call in.

Me: Thank you for calling HoC, this Stars, may I have your item
    SC: Yes, I want 111222
    Me: The Acme Roadrunner trap?
    SC: Yes
    Me: Is this Mary?
    SC: Yes, but I am ordering for my husband, he is a new customer and has a coupon.
    I inwardly groan
    Me: Ok, to use a new customer coupon I need to speak with your husband, create a customer account in his name, and a credit card in his name that hasn't been used on your account.
    SC: Yes, we will be using his credit card
    Me: Ok, I will still need to speak with him because the customer account needs to be in his name
    SC: The credit card is. I don't understand why you need to do this.
    Me: Ma'am the system won't allow us to use the coupon on your account because you are no longer a new customer. Your husband isn't a new customer until he places the order.
    SC: Fine. I don't want it know.
    Hangs up.

I get that sometimes, people thinking that just saying they are ordering it for someone that has never bought from HoC means that the coupon will work. They always get in a huff, they always think it is crazy that the new customers needs to place the order.
    The angels have the phone box.

In other words her husband had no idea she was doing it and she was simply trying to open an account in his name to swindle a cheaper price.

On that note I must admit I hate it when places have things like "free delivery when you spend $30" then price things JUST below that threshold - this has happened to me a couple of times, I've figured "Yay! This usually costs about $20 in shipping, I'll finally grab it!" and the item in question has been dropped down to $29.95, meaning that I won't get the free shipping unless I buy something else I don't even want or need.
    Violets are blue,
    Roses are red,
    I bequeath to thee...
    A boot to the head >_>

Comment

She wanted to apply the coupon to her account by saying that it was for her husband. She didn't want me to speak to him to place the account in his name, the only way the coupon could be used.
      The angels have the phone box.

Comment

Bleh, dunno what was going through my mind when I came up with the first line of my response, I had just woken up not long ago x_x
        Violets are blue,
        Roses are red,
        I bequeath to thee...
        A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Working...
        X