This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attack of the Bitchasaurus!

This happened a little while ago. Basically, I was working in the petrol station with my colleague Alana, and this girl came in. She was a business type, wearing a suit and she asked for cigarettes. Cuz she looked under twenty five, I asked her for ID. She replied, "Every fucking time I come in here, you ask me for ID!"

I said, "I'm sorry, but we have to ask for ID every time."

Her reply? "It's a stupid system, and you're pretty stupid, too!"

At that point, I stood up and said, "Sorry, but that was very rude. I'm not serving you." I then walked out back. My colleage Alana served the Bitchasaurus, who at first acted as tho she was in the right, but after another customer pointed out that she was very rude, the Bitchasaurus quietened down. The customer said, in the Bitchasaurus' hearing, "If she complains, here's my mobile number. I'll back you all the way."

The Bitchasaurus didn't complain, by the way. I came back to the till when she'd left. Look, you complete cow; just cuz you're a high powered businesswoman smashing thru glass ceilings, that doesn't give you the right to be so damn rude!
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Those sorts always think they're right and that everyone else is stupid. It seems she got a good serving of humble pie though! I'm glad that other customer backed you up!

Comment

Yeah; the other customer is a regular, one of the taxi drivers. They always have our backs. XD
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
        Those sorts always think they're right and that everyone else is stupid. It seems she got a good serving of humble pie though! I'm glad that other customer backed you up!

I'm sorry, but this is the first thing that came to mind when you mentioned that. At my last job, we had lovely people like that who felt like the world owed them something for becoming successful. They don't realize we're just doing their jobs and not trying to purposely piss them off.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
          Her reply? "It's a stupid system, and you're pretty stupid, too!"
          My first instinct would be to say "I'm sorry, we're not allowed to sell tobacco to 12-year-olds. Have a nice day!"

Comment

Quoth Mriswith View Post
            My first instinct would be to say "I'm sorry, we're not allowed to sell tobacco to 12-year-olds. Have a nice day!"
            Perfect answer!!

Sorry, but business suits don't make me bow down. I'd have told her, "If you already know we always ask for ID, why don't you just have it out ready to show me instead of bitching about it? You know, like a mature adult would?"
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
              "Sorry, but that was very rude. I'm not serving you." I then walked out back.
              I love this. It was simple, it was polite, and it was something some of us aren't allowed to say. I'm glad that you can refuse service when an SC makes their insults personal.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                I love this. It was simple, it was polite, and it was something some of us aren't allowed to say. I'm glad that you can refuse service when an SC makes their insults personal.
                Yeah, the petrol station manager will back us if we feel we can't serve a customer cuz of them being rude. They won't hold it against us cuz we couldn't carry on serving a rude pig.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Wearing a suit does not make her a high powered businesswoman although it appears to have made her a snob. In some careers even the lowly people have to dress up. If you ask her for ID every time, why is she surprised? She's not very smart.

Comment

"Then you should know to have your ID ready by the time you get to the counter don't you think?"

Comment

prjkt, that would be better as two sentences. The first sentence should end with "counter", and the second should start with "Don't".
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Good point.
                        A pause to let the message sink in might help.

But then again with this SC, maybe not

Comment

Quoth Maximillion View Post
                          I'm sorry, but this is the first thing that came to mind
                          I miss Moss.

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
                            Good point.
                            A pause to let the message sink in might help.

But then again with this SC, maybe not
                            My intent wasn't to give a pause to let the message sink in. The original sentence covered two topics, and the separation was to put each into its own sentence. First sentence being a suggestion to ease the problem, and second implying that the customer's sole use for their head is as a hat rack.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I reckon she is probably just an office administrator in a cheap suit I see a lot of them at work. They aren't senior people and fly maybe once or twice a year in business class which is paid for by their company. They ask you to hang their Next suit jacket and ask for lots of champagne. One lady recently said she was a VIP...because she was an executive assistant to a senior manager!

I always find it funny how some people who work in offices think they are somehow higher up the food chain because they are an "administrator". I've worked in an office before and I really don't think there is anything special about it!
                              Last edited by Air_Stewardess; 10-24-2014, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X