This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Topic Glitch

I don't know if this has been reported or what so if it has I guess just ignore this and delete this post. For probably five minutes after receiving a new message, whenever I click into "Off Topic", it says I have a new message [the last message I received] Like I said, if it has been mentioned, Sorry for mentioning it again.
    ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Sounds similar to what I've experienced, except for me it's when I go up one level (i.e. from a forum to the main forums screen) - were you in the "Life Advice" subforum of "Off Topic" when you first got the message?

As a former computer person (but not a vBulletin expert), what I think was happening with me was that when I clicked the "back" button on my browser, it took me to a cached copy of the main screen rather than reloading it, and the script saw that I had a new message (the one I had just read).

The fix I found? After reading the message, go to the main forums (fora? Classically-derived plurals are Greek to me) page and click the "reload" icon on your browser. It'll get a fresh copy of the page (one where you've read the message), and you won't keep being reminded about a message you've already read.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      Sounds similar to what I've experienced, except for me it's when I go up one level (i.e. from a forum to the main forums screen) - were you in the "Life Advice" subforum of "Off Topic" when you first got the message?
      I don't remember [remember kids, wear a helmet and this won't happen to you] but I guess so because, it isn't doing it right now.

Comment

Yeah Wolfie that tip worked I swear if I go my entire time here without making someone pull their hair out with the rustiest pair of pliers, then well good for you not pulling your hair out with a rusty pair of pliers.

Comment

Working...
        X