This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat 3, The Revenge!!

Leave it to me to have the "interesting" problem...

This just happened to me 3 times running: I click on "Chat," get to the rules page, enter "I agree" and click to proceed. It then takes me to the next page, where I'm prompted to enter my username again. I do this, then click "Go chat," and at this point my browser (Firefox) closes - no error message, no warning, no re-direction. Since I used Firefox to chat at work, with no problems, this has left me a little...

Suggestions?
    Not all who wander are lost.

Can you check versions and plugins at both locations, please? That's the first thing that comes to mind.

The other is that many trojans that create zombie computers communicate through IRC, closing the window immediately so the user has no idea. Can you do the normal spy and malware checks, please? http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ is free. I'm sure there are others that can be suggested.

Raspcallion

Comment

Version 1.5.0.6 at both locations, no extensions dowloaded. Can't think of plug-ins at the work location just now, but there would be more on that PC than on my home laptop, so I don't think that's a problem.

Ran AdAware a few minutes ago and wiped out several nasties. I'll try again and see what happens.

EDIT: Yep, that did the trick. Something nasty was cloggin' up the pipes. Thanks for the quick help, Raps.
      Last edited by PuckishOne; 08-26-2006, 04:27 PM. Reason: fixed it! yay!!
      Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

I'm a suspicious old bastard and I've been caught by a few things from time to time. I'll do what I can

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
        X