This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Forum Read

Doesn't seem to be working...or is it just me?
    The customer is always right until I decide he isn't.

IPB - the old software - has a feature where you can click on the forum icon to the left and mark the forum as read. This software doesn't have that feature, if that's what you mean. There's a 'mark all forums as read' link at the bottom of the page.

However, there's also the "I've read this thread" option, which is on its minimal mode. It works to a certain extent on its current setting, but on a 'database' setting where it remembered things exactly, it created errros. I'm going to try it with the new version of this software and see if it is any better in the near future.

Rapscallion

Comment

Works now.
      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
      HellGate: London

Comment

Oh, wow. They've been borrowing ideas, but I love it!

You just need to double-click the orange circle and it does the work!

Rapscallion
        Last edited by Rapscallion; 08-05-2006, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks Raps!

Comment

What orange circle? I am lost.

When I get on, sometimes things are marked as read, sometimes not, and sometimes what it says is my first unread is far past the last one I read. *sigh*

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

There is a blue or orange circle next to each forum group in the main toc. Double clicking on the orange ones will mark the entire group as read.
              I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

I'm sorry, but this feature still isn't working for me.

Comment

Are you double-clicking it?

I'll have to do some investigating. I made some server-side adjustments a while ago, and the board software has been updated somewhat. I intend to try out the database method of showing unread threads, which may sort it out, but the last time I did that I ended up with database errors. That could solve the problem or cause more, so I'm taking it carefully.

Rapscallion

Comment

I have tried the forum tools drop down menu which can only be clicked once and that doesn't work. As far as double-clicking the blue and orange circles that doesn't work either as they are not clickable for me.

Comment

What browser are you using. Maybe you have IE 4 or 5 and not IE 6+. Some browsers don't support all the extra "features".

It may be a javascript issues. I don't know if these features are using javascript, but if they do you might have it turn off in your browser (or not supported).

Comment

I'm using IE6 and I can't see where to turn off java in the console...and if I do turn it off nearly every other website I go to won't work properly. Bummer.

Comment

Quoth Canadian In Maine View Post
                          I'm using IE6 and I can't see where to turn off java in the console.
                          You might be turning off Javascript which is different that Java.

Go to "Tools"->"Internet Options"->"Advance". Scroll down until you see Microsoft VM. Make sure at least JIT complier is checked. That enables Java to work in IE.

Comment

Working...
                          X