Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Irritating problem, suggestions please?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irritating problem, suggestions please?!

Any computer savants out there?

I run FireFox on Win XP SP2

Problem, on this site, I open one thread and it fits perfectly in the browser window, open another, and a third of the window is off screen. Opening the same thread several times will get different results.
    Possibly related is the problem with other sites, most are regular, and playing with settings does not help.
    Entire paragraphs, sentances, links, pictures, ect. will run together and overlap.
    any suggestions would be most welcome.
    Keep in mind though, I know just enough about computers to be fairly dangerous, (to the pewt) if it involves programming I will need a detailed roadmap. Thank you.

Latest version of FF? I think there's a plugin for viewing as per IE style, so that could help.

Rapscallion

Comment

Well, the firefox boys aren't going to like my answer.

Delete Firefox

Are you sure you're using the latest firefox version? Sounds like a old bug. I used to have that kind of problem, but it's gone away. Sometimes it's related to the "skin" you're using (if you're using one). Some "skins" have "issues".
      I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Boy was that quick, I'll knock about FF's site and check on the plug-ins and see if anything changes.

I happen to like FF but I know others have different opinions. I do think I am up to date so far.

Thanks again.

Comment

I'm actually liking the new IE7. You could always try to upgrade IE.

Comment

Nothing fixed yet, although some of my attempts have gotten me some new plug-ins I like.

FF is my favourite, even with the text mashing thing. If I go to a site that has 50 Bazzillion flashing and jumping ads in it, I can eradicate them all. nothing doing with IE.

I did kinda search on IE 7 and haven't found anything.
            I know I have the IE 6 disk around here somwhere, and that would probably be an upgrade since my last destructive restore.
            But if you gotta linky for me I'll take a look. Thanks again.

Comment

Well, if you only ever use IE6 for here, you're safe. I run this site without adverts or spyware.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Qwakkeddup View Post
                I did kinda search on IE 7 and haven't found anything.
                That's strange, it's like the #1 download from microsoft right now.

IE7 link

Comment

Sorry, been kinda busy, Twins had their 5th BD.
                  I even tried google ing ie 7 in different ways and didn't get any hits.
                  Not that there is anything unusuall about that.

And Raps, I'm one of those lazy people. Switching back and forth is just too much work. (( just a lame excuse ))

Comment

I use FF as my main browser (LOVE it) and I am trying the new IE7, which so far seems a lot better than IE6. I also have that problem on some pages with mashed text. I don't think it's your browser, per se. Some web sites work well ONLY with IE. There is a plug-in for FF called IE View that allows you to view the page in IE. It works.
                    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

I have checked out the link for IE 7 ( Thank you Lost my mind )
                      It kinda bothers me though, the validation thingy, you see, my 6 or 7
                      year old pos was given to me by my father, It has been repaired and new stuff installed. the original disks would not recognize the computer when I put them in to restore the pewt. I did buy a new copy of windows, and it registered and all that, including the 30 day
                      key thing. I just don't want the thing telling me that my copy is invalid or somthing. The horror stories that I have heard about that is enough. don't wanna get involved with Micro-Managment.
                      I even got a Linux Ubunto disk to try it out. still haven't figured that out yet even. It has sat for 3 hours on startup from disk and it just stops loading, I think.

Comment

Well, it's kinda weird. Microsoft got in trouble for their first round of automatic "anti-thief" attempt. It's better now, it goes off the hardware information, so unless you swap out alot of hardware all the time. It should be fine.

It's not like the OS stop working if it thinks it's not legit. All it does is pop up a balloon over your system tray saying "blah blah blah". And it disable you from getting freebies (like IE7, Window Defender, etc....)

Comment

Working...
                        X