This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not an artist

The other night when I got to work there were a bunch of less than desirable people coming through the lobby. I watched the camera to see where they were going and looked at the reg card and saw they were local, so I was expecting to have problems out of them all night long. But oddly enough pretty soon they all got quiet and I didn't hear or see them the rest of the night. But when they checked out housekeeping found they had taken a black sharpie pen and drew all over the walls, AC unit and bedding. It was our brand new bedding too, that we've only had a couple weeks. They ended up being charged for $500 in damages. Their credit card would only cover $125, so we billed them the rest and if they don't pay we'll turn it over to collections just to bug them.
    "Some times you just need to punch someone in the face"'Dalia Lama

Quoth Desk clerk knows all View Post
    But when they checked out housekeeping found they had taken a black sharpie pen and drew all over the walls, AC unit and bedding.
    All I can think of is, "why?!"
    Quoth Desk clerk knows all View Post
    Their credit card would only cover $125, so we billed them the rest and if they don't pay we'll turn it over to collections just to bug them.
    I sincerely hope you can get your money back for the damage they did. I'd be surprised if you do, though. Lowlife scumbags should be made to work it off.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Too bad you can't have them arrested for vandalism, since they are local.

Comment

That's plan B if they don't pay.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

This is why a lot of hotels around here don't rent to locals. Which sucks since sometimes one who is local needs a hotel room.

Comment

Do these people think you won't be able to find them? You get IDs when they check in, right? And credit cards too, obviously...
            So, why would they risk being caught....for doing something so stupid???
            I just don't understand people sometimes....

On another point, good for your hotel for actually charging the lowlifes for the damage. I do not understand why other hotels refuse to charge vandals for the damage they do.
            I no longer fear HELL.
            I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Well that's a new one. We've had wine thrown all over the walls (domestic fight I believe, it was on my day off), jam smeared over all the hard surfaces, and a rotting dog (alive, poor thing), but not sharpy yet.

Comment

Quoth Comechatcha View Post
                Well that's a new one. We've had ...... and a rotting dog (alive, poor thing),
                Wait, you've had WHAT? I would very much like that expanded, if you are able to share.
                Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

I've seen fingerpaint on walls before. We were actually able to wash it off. Sharpie isn't coming off, though.

One thing that seemed to be a common trend when I worked at the motel was to pick off pepperonis from pizza and arrange those on the wall. I don't know why, but at least once a month someone did it.
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

have you tried LAVA soap on the sharpie? It works for me

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                      Sharpie isn't coming off, though.
                      Try using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Worked for me.

Comment

Quoth Enjis View Post
                        Do these people think you won't be able to find them? You get IDs when they check in, right? And credit cards too, obviously...
                        So, why would they risk being caught....for doing something so stupid???
                        If they could think at all about consequences and probable outcomes, they probably wouldn't be sucktomers at all. What a wonderful world it would be if everyone would think about what they are doing before they do it. Sigh.
                        Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth Comechatcha View Post
                          a rotting dog (alive, poor thing)
                          *milk spray* ASDKSDKFJASDKFJ!?!??!!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                            This is why a lot of hotels around here don't rent to locals. Which sucks since sometimes one who is local needs a hotel room.
                            I stopped at one and there was a sign stating that there would be a $500 deposit for locals.
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

You can also try WD-40 on the Sharpie marks. Just follow up with a degreaser.
                              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
                              X