This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer had to pay lost ticket fee

This happened while I was working in one of the parking garages I am responsible for.

Female customer pulls up to the exit gate and tells me the following...
    • I lost my ticket
    • I only parked for 15 minutes or less
    • I do not have any money

So I have her press the button on the call box and speak to the main office. After a while one of the employees who works in the main office calls my work cell phone. She tells me to write an IOU for the customer for the lost ticket fee, which is $25.00. She also tells me that the customer has an attitude.

So I refer the customer to the sign at the exit gate that states when you lose your ticket, you have to pay the lost ticket fee. This was so I could cover my behind. She rudely says "I know that. I was told that by the main office."

I start to write out an IOU for $25.00 when she asks me this...

"If I pay the parking fee, can I get a refund?"

I tell her the following...
    • I am just a porter
    • I do not know if she can get a refund
    • She will have to ask the office about that
    • I do not make the decisions

Then she asks me if she could look for her ticket. I tell her yes.

She backs up, parks in a spot, and goes to look for her ticket.

Several minutes later she drives up to the same exit gate. She could not find her ticket. I get a call from the main office again letting me know that she has to be given an IOU for $25.00.

She gets one from me, and she leaves.

There's a company somewhere that believes people will honor their IOUs?
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
      There's a company somewhere that believes people will honor their IOUs?
      The "IOU" may be shorthand for getting DL, phone, addy, and confirming debt. It's probably so they have SOME sort of paper trail to take action with. As it stands at that juncture, the parking company can either gather the info and let them go, or refuse their exit and have them towed. I guess they've decided that the former is less confrontational? Maybe not replacing gates is less expensive than letting the IOUers go.

Comment

Working...
      X