Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quite literally the dumbest and most unreasonable customer ever. (long with minirant)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quite literally the dumbest and most unreasonable customer ever. (long with minirant)

Prepare your images of Captain Jean-Luc Picard *facepalm*ing. This one's a doozy.

I am a semi-infrequent seller on the Bay of E. I recently decided to sell my old desktop computer, as it would still be good for someone looking to go on the Internet or as a computer for running something like Adobe CS2 or playing pre-2006 games. (I only used that computer to play The Sims, and it ran that more than fine. I love The Sims. ) The buyer purchased the computer this past Wednesday, and it didn't go out until the next business day.

I try to be perfectly clear and up-front when I sell things, and the message I sent to the buyer said something to the effect of, "if you'd like modifications made to this order, please be sure to make requests by 11:59 PM <my time zone> tonight; otherwise, I will be unable to accommodate modifications, and this item will be packaged for shipping at that time and sent out the next business day."

According to the read receipt I got from the copy of the message I sent to their email address, they read it approximately 3 minutes and 28 seconds after I sent it. This means they would have had somewhere in the ballpark of 14 hours to contact me with modifications. I heard nothing, so I packaged the item for shipping. The next day, it was sent out with the guys who wear brown uniforms and drive brown trucks.

If you just remembered what site you're on, you probably know where this is going.

Think again. This is going so far past what you'd expect that the thought of it even happening blazes new trails into the definition of "stupid".

I woke up yesterday morning and had a message from the buyer. It went something like this (bad spelling, "txtspk", and lack of punctuation included):

"i jus rmmbrd somthing i want u to do to the compter if you can cud u install yahoo messeger n norton b4 u send it to me plz i wont giv u postive fedback if u dont"

My first thought is, "you can't possibly be serious." However, me being the nice guy I am, I held off on saying what I really thought and sent something like this instead:

"Are you keeping an eye out on the tracking number for your computer? Furthermore, I do not have the software available that you have requested and leave the installation of anything not included up to the buyer after they receive the item. I do not guarantee what is not included with the computer."

What I got next just put the icing on the cake, the cherry on the sundae, the bow on top of the present:

"i did see tht u alredy shiped the box but i thot u cud do it neway thats not very gud costumer service sory but ill haf 2 lev u negtive fedback"

(language/rant warning)

If you know the box is in a facility more than 2,000 miles away, how the actual fuck do you expect me to install software on a computer I don't even have? Oh, yes. I forgot. You're the customer, and I'm your fucking slave. I'll just go to the airport, hop onto a plane, and stage an elaborate and unsavory entry plan to retrieve your computer while the shipping facility is closed so I can install a piece of software you couldn't be bothered to request after reading my original message when you had more than 14 hours to do so.

Furthermore, I can't wait until you leave me negative feedback. You might be the first asshole who damages my perfect seller feedback, but I'm anticipating this so I can lay out your stupidity for all the world to see. Perhaps other sellers will see this and refuse to deal with your festering display of idiocy.

And while I'm at it, I have one more complaint to levy: why the fuck do people think it's perfectly acceptable to use "txtspk" during a business transaction? When I see someone doing this, it immediately pisses me off. When you purchase an item from someone off the Bay of E, just because you buy that item from an individual seller doesn't mean you shouldn't communicate in a semi-professional way--or if you can't be bothered to do that, at least try to use the full word and attempt to spell things right.

There is a special circle of Hell for people who can't be bothered to communicate in a cohesive way when business is being conducted. Extra points if the person claims to be a "colege studnt". "Txtng 101" was my favorite class, too!

(All this brings up another thought that inspires a Fratching thread. Check the "Things I Hate" section later on for that discussion.)

/rant

I hadn't used that computer for several years, but I'm almost tempted to call up the brown-uniformed shipping guys and pay whatever price they charge to have the package rerouted back to me. I paid a lot of money for that computer when it was new, and I always took good care of it. I'd rather it sit in the corner unused and collect dust than send it to someone who'll probably end up getting a free smiley virus on it within the first hour and message me to say the item wasn't as described. After all, I've already been threatened with negative feedback. What else is there to lose?
    Last edited by Bob The Random Boy Wonder; 09-08-2013, 04:17 PM.

Do let eBay know about this idiot (and forward idiot's e-mails to them, too). Feedback extortion is against the rules.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Wouldn't this asshat have been better off buying a new computer that most likely already has these programs installed in it?

Still, that's kind of hilarious, knowing this was shipped, but asking you to do this anyway. Maybe you could have had an out of body experience and actually get on board the plane the computer was on.

Comment

Ouch.

Well, if it's any consolation, considering the buyer, it's likely the computer will be virused and unusable within days.

Comment

I sell on ebay & have never had a bad experience luckily (but I sell in a low-fraud category). But I have read enough on the seller message boards to not be surprised at all. I agree with sending the exchange to the ebay gods as feedback extortion is definitely against the rules.
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            Do let eBay know about this idiot (and forward idiot's e-mails to them, too). Feedback extortion is against the rules.
            Oh, they say it's against the rules, but as a practical matter it's A-OKAY.

Unless something changed, buyers cannot be given negative feedback, but sellers can.

I don't know why anybody would sell on ebay unless they're selling in really high volumes. One or two unreasonable idiots like this guy and you're banned from selling.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Bob The Random Boy Wonder View Post
              And while I'm at it, I have one more complaint to levy: why the fuck do people think it's perfectly acceptable to use "txtspk" during a business transaction? When I see someone doing this, it immediately pisses me off. When you purchase an item from someone off the Bay of E, just because you buy that item from an individual seller doesn't mean you shouldn't communicate in a semi-professional way--or if you can't be bothered to do that, at least try to use the full word and attempt to spell things right.

There is a special circle of Hell for people who can't be bothered to communicate in a cohesive way when business is being conducted. Extra points if the person claims to be a "colege studnt". "Txtng 101" was my favorite class, too!
              I would like to present a story...told to the class on first day about a 4 PAGE PAPER/ESSAY written entirely in txtspk.

Handed it in with a serious face, then loudly complained about the grade she was given and then told that she would have to take the grade.

who the FRELL can write that long a paper in that manner?!
              It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

...ow. My brain hurts at the txtspk, let alone the stupidity of your erstwhile 'customer'.
                Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
                They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

Quoth Bob The Random Boy Wonder View Post
                  Prepare your images of Captain Jean-Luc Picard *facepalm*ing.
                  Will this do?

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    Unless something changed, buyers cannot be given negative feedback, but sellers can.

I don't know why anybody would sell on ebay unless they're selling in really high volumes. One or two unreasonable idiots like this guy and you're banned from selling.
                    The rules have not changed. I'm a seller and cannot give negative feedback and yes, that unlevel playing field does irk me. But eBay has been quite reasonable when I've had to complain about a buyer. They'll check the messages and decide who's at fault. And judging from the messages sent to the OP, it would be blatantly obvious to even the village idiot that the buyer is at fault here. The OP can click "report buyer" and let eBay know about it.
                    Last edited by XCashier; 09-09-2013, 03:02 AM. Reason: correction
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post

who the FRELL can write that long a paper in that manner?!
                      Ye gods...my brain hurts from reading that. And I'm meant to be writing an essay at the moment! (2000 word one...,down here it's all about word count, not page count ) If anyone's interested, it's on how teachers should teach students with maths difficulties.

Quoth XCashier View Post
                      The rules have not changed. I'm a seller and cannot give negative feedback and yes, that unlevel playing field does irk me. But eBay has been quite reasonable when I've had to complain about a buyer. They'll check the messages and decide who's at fault. And judging from the messages sent to the OP, it would be blatantly obvious to even the village idiot that the buyer is at fault here. The OP can click "report seller" and let eBay know about it.
                      Do you mean "report buyer?"
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

What a little blackmailing troll. Clearly, he knows how important ratings are to sellers, even if he knows little else. What a freaking idiot. I hope he does try to give you negative feedback just so you publicly shame him.

Comment

I'm not sure anyone reading his "fedback" would even understand what he was trying to say....but he's still an assclown.

I would have been seriously tempted to ask him, "If you know I've already shipped the computer..meaning IT'S NO LONGER IN MY POSSESSION...how did you think I would be able to install anything?"
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I say contact the Folks in Brown, and get your computer back, then sell it to someone else on the Bay of E.

Refund Idiotica's money, report him to the site for attempted rating blackmail, and find someone who can rub two brain cells together without killing one of them, and who would appreciate your computer.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

I agree with Jester. And in the future, don't offer to put any software on the computer. Explain that it gets sold as is.

Comment

Working...
                              X