This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    Actually, my signature here was taken directly from one I saw hanging in a bar here in Key West. Not one I work at, but one I do occasionally frequent.
    How do you occasionally frequent a bar?

Comment

You would be happy to know that when I was a manager I backed up my employees. I did not let the SC's talk to them any way they pleased. One set of high school girls who thought their shit didn't stink had the nerve to call one of my cashiers a bitch when she was bent over getting something for them. While my cashier didn't hear them I did. I walked over grabbed their items off the counter and voided the transaction. I told them they would not speak to my employees like that and until they learned to act like adults they were unwelcome at my store. They stammered for a minute before hanging their heads and walking out. For all the things retail employees have to put up with verbal abuse should not be one of them.
      Last edited by MadMike; 09-12-2013, 12:26 PM. Reason: Please don't quote the entire post

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Fuck that shit, and fuck managers that think that way.

I know and accept that there is a certain level of crap that we in the frontlines do, in fact, have to take. I get it, I do. But when it goes beyond a certain point, that is when good management steps up and tells the customer to stop being raging douchebags, or else get the fuck out and take their "business" somewhere else.
        OldSM was a great guy, he knew when to coddle the good customers and when (and how) to tell the bad ones they were being assholes...refused to actually ban anyone though

NewSM...yeesh. He'll take the "customer's" side almost every time (if/when he sees a confrontation; if he's not around, the shift lead can and will tell them no). The only people I've seen be banned are actual shoplifters, we have to put up with the raving loons. Maybe he thinks they don't cost the store anything so can be tolerated...
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
        X