This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give It a Minute, Dude!

Get a call from a guy who's irate because his card was processed a few seconds ago and he didn't get the email from with the download information for the product he purchased.

I told him that human has to process the order so it takes a few minutes between the time we process the card and get the email out to him. Just wait and he'll get the email within the hour.

[Actually it was more likely to be five minutes but if said that you just KNOW he'd call back on one minute wondering where that message was. So I took the wiser course and padded the time.]

He wasn't mollified and wanted me to check with order processing to be sure.

Fine and dandy. I confirm his email address and I call down and interrupted the guy who was trying to send the SC's precious email. Thus holding it up longer.

Get him back and tell him the good news. Instead of thanking me for reassuring him he decided to tell us that we shouldn't charge customers' cards until AFTER we've sent the email avoid this situation.

Yeah. That sounds good! And what do we do if the card is declined AFTER we've essentially handed the product out?

Right.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Wow, I thought I was the most impatient person on Earth. Glad to see this guy has me beat!

Comment

He sounds dumb enough for this to work.
      "That is an interesting point of view. However, I realize this may be shocking to you, but not everyone is as honest as you are. Sadly, I have to tell you, there are dishonest people out there who would then use an invalid card to steal the product. I know YOU aren't that kind of dirtbag, but we have to be careful. "

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
        He sounds dumb enough for this to work.
        "That is an interesting point of view. However, I realize this may be shocking to you, but not everyone is as honest as you are. Sadly, I have to tell you, there are dishonest people out there who would then use an invalid card to steal the product. I know YOU aren't that kind of dirtbag, but we have to be careful. "
        Yeah. That's pretty much exactly how I put it when I told him "no." I don't think I convinced him but I didn't actually care about his opinion either.
        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

You missed your opportunity to sweetly inform him that "asking the order guy" would SLOW things down, due to the interruption.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
          X