This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Plate?? Here's More!!

In addition to the numerous things the opener has to do in the morning where I work they added MORE onto our full plate. Here is what the opener has to do in the morning Sun- Sat:

1. Clear off all checkstands 1-8 of garbage and go backs from the night before
    2. Pull down bag racks and place them on the ends of checkstands for use
    3. Restock bags as needed
    4. Refill checkstand cleaning chemicals as needed
    5. Wipedown checkstands 1-8
    6. Refill supplies for checkstands
    7. Clear magazine racks of go backs left there by customers/employees
    8. Empty door garbages
    9. Clean customer service of trash and go backs
    10. Go into parking lot and clear ENTIRE lot of carts from front of store to outside perimeter

Now we have to clean the chrome rail things inside and outside our store (by the doors) and wipe down inside and outside doors as well. we also have to clean the bottom of the handi wipe dispensers customers use to clean their carts off.

as if we didn't have enough to do already...:
    rolleyes:
    NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Surely the closing staff can do a few of those things? Granted, that would depend on how badly the store is trashed from the night before.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      Surely the closing staff can do a few of those things? Granted, that would depend on how badly the store is trashed from the night before.
      That's exactly what I was going to say. Is the store that busy at the end of the night? When I worked in a supermarket the rule was, if you were going to be the last one on that till that evening you cleaned it down and restocked any till roll etc.
      My Crafting Profile http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...ofile;u=139859

Comment

you would think they would. and yes it can get busy there but you know what?? it can still be done...i've seen the store practically spotless in the morning. if it can be done then it sure as hell can be done now
        NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Sounds to me like another example of an attitude many managers have that I absolutely loathe: "I don't care who does it as long as it gets done."

With an attitude like that, you might as well identify your most productive people and ride them like a bicycle. The lazy employees will soon find out that there's no real consequences for not getting their work done, and if they don't it will just get bounced to somebody who'll actually do it. So they will slack off even more than they usually do.

And if the productive people don't do it, then they get hollered at or written up, since they're more likely to take criticism and punishment to heart.

My guess is the morning people are more productive than the night people, and the night people are starting to not do their cleaning and restocking as they should. So it's getting dumped on the openers instead. The end of the night can get crazy busy on occasion, but most of the time it isn't.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Gobacks get left on the shelves overnight? What if there's something that needs to be kept cold among them? Ditto trash, which can easily get nice and stinky in that time (especially if you shut off the A/C after hours)....

And carts, too? Do they just not care if they get stolen? o_O

Most of your list is closing stuff >_< Either the night crew must be hardcore lazy, or the boss in question has a personal reason to show them favoritism.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
            X