This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggs on Floor

On Wednesday, a customer came to the self checkout with his two sons. The younger son opened a carton of eggs and dumped some of them on the floor. The customer scolded his son for doing that. A bagger ended up cleaning up the mess.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Parenting? real actual attempt at parenting? yay father!

Comment

What possesses kids to do that? LOL when my friend and I were roomies and went shopping, her kid was NOT allowed to carry the egg bag because he would most definitely drop them. Every time.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
        Parenting? real actual attempt at parenting? yay father!
        Not necessarily. A woman's son did the same thing - he was sitting in the cart and reached around to grab and drop the entire dozen onto the floor. "Don't do that!" the woman hissed, then immediately turned to me and said "Can you call someone to get me another dozen?"

In case you missed it, the request wasn't a question, she demanded it. She left the eggs to ooze across the floor and (is anyone surprised) never offered to pay for what her son damaged. If she'd offered to pay, I would've told her not to worry about it. Even so, I would appreciate the offer since her son broke stuff.

I wish we cold return to the days of "You break it, you bought it". Then we could force people to pay for things when they're caught ruining makeup, punching holes in dog food to "see what it looked like", etc.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Eggs on the floor, eggs on the floor, lookin' like a fool with your eggs on the floor...
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            punching holes in dog food to "see what it looked like", etc.
            Wait, what? o_O Most of the time, they have a picture ON THE BAG
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              Wait, what? o_O Most of the time, they have a picture ON THE BAG
              Yup. Folks will poke a small hole in the edge to satisfy their curiosity. Which not only leads to small round pellets falling across the floor, we can't sell already-opened pet food because it's been tampered with. The store would daily dump bags of pet food because people are assholes.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post

I wish we cold return to the days of "You break it, you bought it". Then we could force people to pay for things when they're caught ruining makeup, punching holes in dog food to "see what it looked like", etc.
                thats wrong. we have customers that do the same thing. If we so much as think to give the customer a bag with some towls its the same as threatening the President of the United States. all hell breaks loose. On the other hand why the hell does a customer need to poke holes in pet feed when a majority of the feed has a picture of the stuff on it?
                Last edited by Ree; 08-17-2011, 09:57 AM. Reason: Trimmed excessive quote
                NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  Eggs on the floor, eggs on the floor, lookin' like a fool with your eggs on the floor...
                  Same thing popped into my head when I saw the thread title.
                  "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Working...
                  X