This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the mall?!

Not sucky customers...just gotta rant...

The mall was demolished three months ago and I still get the weirdest questions about it. Part of me wants to be snarky because, dammit, I've told the same story 239842394 times and I'm getting tired of it.

I also find it hilarious when they get mad at me when I tell them the mall was torn down so that means - YES, you have to WALK outside in the 110 degree heat to get to that other store. Sorry. Even if the mall was still there, they gave up on heating/cooling it one year ago so it would have been freakin' hot in there, too. Also, when it rained, the place flooded.

One of these days, I just want to respond with a "dammit, the mall is missing, again?!" or something equally as stupid.

Where's the mall?

IT'S GONE. Did you see that big, empty space? Gone. Demolished. Torn down. Hauled off. Asking the question isn't going to make it come back. Now...I don't mind so much the 'What are they going to build?' questions because that's not as stupid as 'where's the mall?'

Some people ask me that question like the mall being gone is some sort of joke. 'Yep, can't fool you...let me just deactivate the cloaking device and you can burrow your way through that wall they put up across our mall entrance and go shopping!'

The most stupid of all?

The other day I was standing by the wall they put up across the mall and some guy was staring at it...then he looked at me...and said..."So. How do I get to the mall now?"

Try, "Die and go to mall heaven, because that's where the mall is now."

Comment

Some other responses I can think of:

"It's gone. Go build a new one."
      "It's dead Jim." (ala Star Trek)
      "You're (number of years ago it was torn down) years too late. Go back in time and save it!"
      "There is no mall. Only Zool."
      "It's underground now. (point in some random direction) The entry way is about 30 miles over there."
      "I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you."
      "They 86'd it."
      "The city found out you were coming here, so they destroyed it just before you came over. The last piece of it was hauled off this morning/yesterday."
      "The same place it's been for the last x years. Non existant."
      Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

"The mall is no more. It is a dead mall. It is bereft of mallage. It is an ex-mall."
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

"We gave it the day off."

Rapscallion

Comment

How can you miss a big building being gone?

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
              "We gave it the day off."

Rapscallion
              I have got to remember that one!
              Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

"Well, see, the mall management hired a magician to perform at the mall. When he got here, they only wanted to pay him half the agreed price. So the magician only did half the trick: POOF! The mall dissappeared! Now we're waiting for the mall management to raise the other half of the magician's fee to get him to make the mall reappear."
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

"The owners said the mail was needed elsewhere, so they came in overnight, and loaded it onto a large flatbed trailer, and hauled it off to Phoenix"

Here's your sign.
                  Last edited by drunkenwildmage; 08-09-2011, 06:05 PM. Reason: Spelling classes STILL not paying off.
                  Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

"it ran away"
                    "It went to play with the other malls"
                    "we're playing hide and seek and its your turn to seek!"
                    I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Working...
                    X