This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evil Plan Complete

A while back my best friend at work, Awesome Office Checker K, spent some time in Hospital. While visiting him, I brought him several things to read during his stay. One of the things I brought him were my copies of "The Dresden Files" by Jim Butcher. He fell for those books SO HARD it was not funny. I will never forget the day at work he came up to me and Goes:

AOCK: I HATE YOU SO MUCH!
    DDD: Why? What is it I am alleged to have done?
    AOCK: I AM ON BOOK 5 AND I CAN'T STOP READING THEM!

So as I mentioned here http://customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=80152 My brother was willing to go to the book signing at the big bookstore where he lives for Ghost Story for me and get me a signed copy. Then an Evil Plan began to take form. I asked my brother to get me 2 copies and have 1 Signed to AOCK with the inscription "Sorry I hurt Michael" (his FAVORITE character). My brother agreed to this as he is a Good Egg, and when the books finally arrived. FMA and I went to the store when I knew he would be working. Now I have been telling him for some time I have an Evil Plan that effects him, and smiling that evil grin of mine. So we catch him and show him the book (closed) and say.

DDD: Come see the fruits of my evil plan.
    AOCK: Oh I hate you.
    DDD: I Don't know If I mentioned but my brother was able to go to a Book Signing For me...
    AOCK: Oh YOU SUCK!
    DDD: Check out the Inscription....

So he opens the book and sees....

After a second or 2 he puts on the biggest grin and begins to Laugh.

With A BroHug he tells me that it WASN'T an evil plan at all but a good thing.
    Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
    Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
    Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

That's really very sweet.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

That is awesome!
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

It's really cool Butcher gave you an individual inscription. A lot of them won't, which I can understand when it's a long line or the third stop of the day, so it's really nice to get a personal note.
        Last edited by wagegoth; 08-19-2011, 10:41 PM.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

That was awesome of you.

Comment

Working...
          X