X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Styx - looking good even after 30 years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9zs79hry6w

I was surprised. I thought they'd look older. I mean sure James Young and Tommy Shaw aren't spring chickens but... they (especially Tommy) were surprisingly fit.

And as a special treat, Chuck Panozzo came out for one song.

It's not the best vid... starts off out of focus and it's a little shaky. Plus there's an obvious obstructed view state trooper in the way. But since he was "working" he couldn't be moved.

my butt's still sore though. i sat in my seat for over 3 and a half hours waiting for the show to begin. (only way to be sure of a good seat. Show started at 8, but by 530 most of the good seats were taken.)
    Last edited by PepperElf; 08-29-2010, 01:29 PM.

Styx & Stones will break your buns?
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

LOL exactly. and yay it's working now. =)

tried to upload the original avi but it is too slow. the original video was like 600+mb too O_o lol

Comment

WHAT NO Dennis DeYoung?????

But BUt BUT....... NO FAIR

Yes I know he was "booted out" of Styx years ago.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
          WHAT NO Dennis DeYoung?????
          He toured solo a few years back and did a lot of Styx songs - I heard it was great. (I have an audio of him on a local radio station somewhere, I'll need to dig it up).

As for Styx, we saw them open for REO Speedwagon years ago (2002ish?). They were phenomenal, one of the best live performances we've seen (the only ones that beat them were .38 Special and Chicago, Blue Oyster Cult wasn't far behind Styx, though).

Great music, too.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

yeah ... i looked him up on youtube cos i think he's still doing the Styx songs - mainly because he wrote them.

it's hard watching some of his interviews though. he does crack jokes on why they split up but... it's obvious that he's still hurt by it.

makes me want to send him a

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
              He toured solo a few years back and did a lot of Styx songs - I heard it was great. (I have an audio of him on a local radio station somewhere, I'll need to dig it up).
              He was also on the so-terrible-it's-good Fox show Celebrity Duets. Here ya go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5uiwFy3PEg
              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

O_o
                i'm of mixed feelings on that. i like knowing that dennis is getting popular again but... i don't like hal's voice.

"Lady" was better though.
                thought it was sweet that he sang to his wife

Comment

Hal Sparks had a band (not sure if they're still together) called Zero 1. It was pretty good, actually, but definitely metal/hard rock. The stuff on Celebrity Duets was just not him. (Chris Jericho had the same problem and was eliminated in the first round.)

I'm actually not sure what the hell Mr. Sparks is up to lately. I think he and his girlfriend (in the video) split. Maybe he's focusing on his standup? (I've seen his DVD, good but not great.)
                  "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                  Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
                  X