This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware the Trail

A country road and a highway were at a bar talking about how important they were.

The Country Road says, "I wind through beautiful scenery. I help farmers get their crops to the market. You should buy me a drink"

The Highway replies, "Well, I allow people to get to their destination faster. I am usually paved and am easier for people to drive on. You should buy me a drink."

A large Interstate Freeway overhears the bragfest and joins in. "Well I am more important than either of you. I go all over the country and through many states. I make it easy for semi-trucks to deliver goods to far-off cities. Both of you should buy me drinks for the night!"

All three roadways then commence on a little friendly rivalry.

Soon a little bicycle trail wanders in and comes up to the bar. The Interstate quickly offers the trail a drink. He speaks respectfully and quietly to the trail the whole time.

After the bicycle trail leaves the other two roads crowd around the Interstate, wondering at the attitude change. "Why didn't you just put him in his place?" they asked.

"Oh", says the Interstate Freeway in a hushed voice", "I don't mess with him; he's a cyclepath.
    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant
Working...
X