This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLICE BRUTALITY!!1!!ONEONE

Big shoplifting bust at the swamp tonight. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $2,100 worth of clothing and shoes stolen by a guy and a woman loading it into shopping carts and pushing them out the strip mall exit, then from there out to the parking lot. They were halfway across the lot when caught.

After the bust was done and the cops left with the shoplifters in custody, their swag was in great heaps and piles on one of the unused registers.

I'm told as the cops were slapping the cuffs on the woman, she was complaining that they were hurting her and "this is police brutality!"

Yeah, okay, sure, whatever. Time to meet your new friends. Big, hairy, ugly, not-nice friends.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Well, she did get a new set of jewelry out of the whole deal.

Nice, shiny, silver bracelets . . . that link together behind your back. Really, it's the coolest new trend in fashion.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Sheesh. They ought to think themselves lucky they don't know what true police brutality is.

Rapscallion

Comment

Moar to the story:
        • The man and the woman were both high on something other than life. I heard heroin was found in their car.
        • The woman had a big-ass knife on her, which she used to cut price tags off clothes and shoes. Given that I am kind of surprised LP chased them, but they probably figured the risk was worth the reward.
        Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 04-08-2011, 07:14 PM.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Unfortunately, it is often hard to tell if someone you are chasing has a weapon until they try to use it...

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post

Nice, shiny, silver bracelets . . . that link together behind your back. Really, it's the coolest new trend in fashion.
            And a free ride in a police car. Plus free accommodations at the local lockup.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

A knife? Hasn't she heard of travel scissors?
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                A knife? Hasn't she heard of travel scissors?
                Or even nail clippers/trimmers?. You shouldn't get caught carrying a concealed weapon with those. Carrying a knife may have upped her charges.
                Last edited by Zaiida; 04-09-2011, 08:24 AM. Reason: Edited because I can spell on occasion

Comment

Sounds like a story from a few years ago here. Although it wasn't drug related, this guy and girl team shoplifted from malls pretty much all over, and would turn around and sell the stolen clothes for profit.

They were caught at the local mall here with thousands of dollars worth of Hollister, AE, Aero, Old Navy, Gap, etc, clothing that they were intending to turn around and sell.

Never found out from the news or not if they had their own store or what means they used to sell the clothes.

But what else WAS found in the vehicle was that they actually had gizmos that disabled security tags and the like. High tech savvy theives.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post

<announcer voice>
                    "The new Paris Hilton collection. Coming soon to finer Clearance Swamps near you."

P*S

Comment

Working...
                    X