Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That would've been annoying if it wasn't so cute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That would've been annoying if it wasn't so cute.

Quick story. I was walking on my turf the other day. I came upon a cat who I wasn't sure who it belonged to. I started petting her, and scratching behind her ears. She took her paw and batted my hand away. Luckily she didn't withdraw her claws or I would've been scratched really hard. Instead, I couldn't think of it as being anything but really cute. She hit me haha
    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"You pet me, I pet you. You're just better at it." - random cat
    Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
    Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

My neighbor had a cat like that, it was as if the cat were saying "I only PERMIT you to adore me at certain times. This isn't one of them"
      The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

ElderlyCat is like that. You can love on her for a certain length of time, then she'll pull away. If you don't let her go (eg if you're holding her), she'll whip her tail and flatten her ears.

The next step is a VERY firm repeated slapping with claw-retracted paw. And I do mean firm - she's serious about it, she just doesn't want to hurt you if she doesn't have to.

The step after that has only been seen in veterinary offices, when the medical care was more urgent than the cat's wishes. And that does involve her doing Whatever It Takes to flee. And has caused us to decide that everyone's wellbeing calls for her being sedated whenever a vet or vet tech deems it necessary.

Anyway.. the point was, ElderlyCat does it, and it's REALLY cute - and also a good way to make sure everyone's happy.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

eee~ :3 that's so cute! It's even more cute when said cat 'noms' your hand, just putting their mouth on you with teeth, like some dogs will (usually retrievers), as a way to say,"K. Thnx." My family had a cat that loved to hang out with you when you were sleeping in the living room, and she would on occasions be entranced with eyelid functions-- and when you blinked, she'd put her paw on your eye, or bat very gently at your eye. No claws, no actual pressure. It's like she understood the concept of "uh, pain with the eye?" Isis was crazy-smart. ... And crazy.
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
          X