This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 70s called. They want those jeans back

I saw a guy in the corridors here with a BRIGHT white button down shirt, black dress shoes......and SALMON PINK jeans.

Yeesh......it's not the 70s anymore dude.....I think it's time to retire those jeans.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Haven't you heard? Apparently 70's retro is big for spring. Another sign designers are losing what tiny bit of creativity they pretended to have.

Comment

In what region? Here it's been nothing but 80s comebacks for the past couple of years. Where's that puking smiley?

Skinny jeans, oversized shirts, too much makeup, giant plastic sunglasses, even skinnier skinny jeans, leg warmers.......Ok, I'm officially dry heaving.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Massachusetts, blas
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

You guys must be behind the times....or ahead? I haven't seen anything remotely 70s in a long time, save for flare jeans (but I must say I've never considered flare jeans to be similar to the 70s because since they became popular again in the early 2000s, they were much lower rise and not quite as baggy at the bottom).

Comment

Salmon Pink is the new black.
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

No, no it isn't.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Well, now, show me a man dressed in salmon pink jeans and I'll show you man who is secure in his own masculinity.

Ever notice that the sexual revolution happened during an era where the fashions of the time would prevent you from getting laid?

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                  You guys must be behind the times....or ahead? I haven't seen anything remotely 70s in a long time, save for flare jeans (but I must say I've never considered flare jeans to be similar to the 70s because since they became popular again in the early 2000s, they were much lower rise and not quite as baggy at the bottom).
                  It was also in a fashion article yesterday. really surprised me.

Comment

Unless I want to look like a big fat grape, I will never ever wear skinny jeans, leggings, jeggings or leg warmers. I like anything with a flare or boot cut, it balances me out, lol.

Comment

My boyfriend and I happened across the same tourist couple twice in two days recently. Once, he was in pink jeans and she in a white dress with a pink sash. The next day, he was in kelly-green slacks and she in a green dress.

Boyfriend surmises she dresses him. He imagined it to be the kind of relationship where you would often hear that guy say, "Yes, dammit, I'll wear the matching outfits... Just stop crying already."

Thoughts?
                      Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

One of my math teachers in high school used to wear a bright green turtleneck and red pants as his festive Christmas outfit.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I didn't buy into the 70's fashions whilst living through them, a shirt or two in er, uh, 'questionable' taste at most. But what really cracks me up is when bits and pieces of that scene make a comeback and I razz people about it. My standard response is; bad as it was, a lot of it was being tried for the first time. YOU HAVE PICTURES of your parents etc. wearing that! You KNOW what it looks like. No excuse.

Comment

I rather like 70s outfits versus 80s, just not the high waistlines. I'm so thankful low rise pants eventually came around. Not everyone who wears them should, but girls with my shape can't wear those god awful uncomfortable fupa-inducing Urkel jeans up to your ribcage.

Comment

Working...
                            X