This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things I won't miss about ex-job

I finally got to hand in my notice at the soul sucking job just over a month ago and in a fluke my last day was also my birthday. (Pretty freaking fantastic present to myself.)

So here are some of the things I will not be missing:
    -My OCD control freak of a manager and the next level up manager that made me document every single damn thing I did minute by minute every day.

-emailing said control freak and 2up manager when I got in each morning.

-being called 'dude' and hearing 'sweet' and my all time fave 'chillax' from the same person that complains that I am not professional enough. As in 'You're not being professional enough today dude.'

-having to say 'yes' to everything instead of being able to say 'I can't help you with that but so'n'so can.' I hate being stuck in the middle when it is not necessary.

-being repeatedly thrown under the bus by manager to 2up manger because manager did not do her own job.

-dealing with a boss that wants everything NOW, like the spoilt little shit in Willy Wonka, but then takes weeks to make a decision on the options sent because everything has to match.

-demanding whiny people who are incapable of filling out a simple travel form or giving it to me at 4:45pm and expecting me to book flights in 15 mins. Double suck when they don't even have their managers approval. Triple suck when they don't even know what time they need to fly.

-People who can't make a freaking decision about which international flights they want to be on. Or change their minds every 2 seconds about the dates, times, airlines, the colour of the sky and then get shitty when I refuse to get even more quotes. (we had a 4 quotes/options max. Which means do a 5 minute search on expedia, etc, then send the form for quotes.)

-people who whine about there not being any mugs in the cupboard but can't move out the way so I can actually empty the dishwasher which is full of clean mugs. (Same person nearly every morning because they couldn't walk to the other kitchen that was closer to their desk.)

I'm sure I'll think of other things as the weeks go by.

Just so glad that I have a new job with a smaller company and more pay.
    A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
    -dealing with a boss that wants everything NOW, like the spoilt little shit in Willy Wonka, but then takes weeks to make a decision on the options sent because everything has to match.
    You mean Veruca Salt? As for taking weeks, I have a boss like that--of course it's my fault the project is behind schedule
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
    X