This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who works in the insurance industry?

Because I am studying to be an actuarial and I want to know if I'm going to be dealing with SCs on a daily basis. I don't want to explain to people the statistical reason on why their five DUIs causes insurance rates to go up.

No explanation is neccessary. Hell, with 5 DUI's, no explanation is going to make sense anyway! Plain and simple if they ask--THEY ARE A MUCH BIGGER RISK! (actually they shouldn't be insurable with 5 dui's).

Comment

Response

I doubt if you are actually working as an actuary that you would be speaking to customers-that's usually left to CSRs. In my experience it is not difficult to explain why an at-fault accident or violation causes rates to go up. On the other hand, I do have a lot of customers having fits over why a not-at-fault or driver/vehicle change caused the premium to go up, as well as why credit affects rates.

Comment

For the most part actuaries don't deal in customer service situations like that. While you will have to communicate to people (and fyi, good communication skills in actuaries gives you many more options for promotion and more pay), I don't think you'll have to deal with very many SCs (although I'd suggest going to a consulting firm over a carrier - less opportunity for suck to happen).
        A crisis is a problem you can't control. Drama is a problem you can, but won't. - Otter

Comment

Working...
        X