Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What my manager saw (Warning: Cuteness abound!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What my manager saw (Warning: Cuteness abound!)

I was working in grill today, when one of my managers told me this story.

She was pulling into work today and she saw the cutest thing. A chipmunk in the road,trying to drag a whole hash brown with it. The hash brown was bigger than it. She did see it make it safely off the road, but wished she had her camera with her.

Anyone else have cute animal stories?

Oh! I have one more from back in my ice cream stand days. I was by myself and I saw a squirrel eat the strawberry coating of ice cream that had dropped. All of a sudden, its tail twitched like crazy and it ran around like a madman in circles.
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

I saw a coyote while at work. Had to drive way into the middle of nowhere to pick up a key. The area was super nice, and had a lot of undeveloped sandy land. As I was driving by, BAM! Coyote right off the side of the road, looking around like it was waiting for a roadrunner. Or trying to get across the street.

Never saw a live coyote before. Twas puppyrific!
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Once when camping with the scouts, we were camped at a site with a loose-stone campfire ring. The night was chilly, so once the fire burned down to coals we retired to our tents and sleeping bags. In the morning, we came out to find eight kittens curled up on the rocks around the fire ring, soaking up the residual heat in the rocks and coals. They were cute little things, and they begged a significant amount our breakfast that morning.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I was out in the country at a friend's house once. I noticed some red fur, looked and there was a fox crouching in the grass. I thought it was going to run, then I saw two smaller grayer heads pop up. Her kits
        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

I frequently had to let deer and fawns cross in front of me when I drove to work in the mornings. I thought about taking a camera with me, but of course they're gone before you can get to it.

Once I had to turn up earlier than usual to recieve an extra delivery they had scheduled. I pulled into the parking lot and had to stop dead. There were 2 or 3 adult ducks with about 15-20 ducklings spread around the entrance.

When my headlights caught them they all formed into a line and waddled off to the stream at the side of the store. That was one of the few days at that job where I had a genuine smile on my face.

Comment

I walked out my car one day to find a roadrunner stood stock-still in the middle of the hood with an expression of "Whaddya want lady?"!

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
            Never saw a live coyote before. Twas puppyrific!
            Heh, I see them in the middle of town here. And I hear them a lot.

Quoth Bunny the Veggie Slayer View Post
            Once I had to turn up earlier than usual to recieve an extra delivery they had scheduled. I pulled into the parking lot and had to stop dead. There were 2 or 3 adult ducks with about 15-20 ducklings spread around the entrance.
            Down at NMSU, next to the Ag Bldg, there's a pond (or, more accurately, a see-ment puddle) that there's duckies in. But, they sleep in the doorway of Jett Hall across the street. It's the funniest thing to watch in the morning as traffic grinds to a halt until they get across the street to the pond.....and these are people who will run over students!
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

There's tons of wildlife around campus, but I think the funniest story is I was walking through the quad, chatting with someone. There was a rabbit sitting in the grass beside the path, just chilling. As we walk past it, without raising my voice or changing my tone, I looked at the rabbit and said "boo," then turned back to the person I was talking to and continued my sentence. The thing took off like I'd jumped up and down screaming at it.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                I
                Heh, I see them in the middle of town here. And I hear them a lot.
                I live too far from any open areas for coyotes to safely travel.

Oh, on campus, though, I saw some ducks quite often. Eventually, I was able to get one drake and his timid mate to take small pieces of bread from my fingers.

Did you know ducks have saliva? It's true.
                "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

I used to torture my now ex-BIL with snaps from my phone all the time. We get wild turkeys around here, and on any given day during season I'd see from 1 to a dozen of them on the side or crossing the road. He especially loved it if he was at work and had no chance of getting near his hunting gear.

Comment

We have lots of land around where I work. So in addition to Deer milling about the garage and scaring the maintenance crew early in the AM, we have lots of cute fat Groundhogs, feral Cats that prowl the parking lots for leftover McDonalds, Vultures that ride the thermals over the asphalt, a couple of Foxes that race through the fields like fools, and LOTS of birds. Everyday's good for birdwatching; Cardinals, Goldfinches, Mockingbirds, Grey Catbirds, Redtailed Hawks, and a Peregrien Falcon.

Best stories; The Mother Duck who made her nest in one of the garden's and attacked the maintenance guy who almost stepped on her. People calling about the Turkeys in the road...No, those were Vultures, eating what was left of a run-over Rabbit. And then there was the Falcon that flew-through the loading dock and into the stockroom of one of the stores.
                    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
                      I saw a squirrel eat the strawberry coating of ice cream that had dropped. All of a sudden, its tail twitched like crazy and it ran around like a madman in circles.
                      Brain freeze

Up at our cottage, Momma Racoon used to bring her new kits to meet our family every spring. So cute (up at the cottage, not in our garbage at home in the City).

She used to ground one of them whenever he stepped out of bounds on the porch (we called him Jimmy Carter since he'd eat the peanuts and bury the shells in our flower boxes on the railing - harder than bricks by the end of the summer) .

She'd make him sit at the bottom of the stairs while the others fed. She was such a great Mom. she'd keep going to the edge of the stairs to make sure he was there and wasn't going off anywhere without her.

I miss them... but not the mess...
                      No... Just No! And I mean it this time!

Comment

One day I was getting annoyed while at the zoo because the animals kept looking away(Meerkats. grr!) So while at another animal area I just yelled "would one of you just look this way!" while I aimed and shot. I didn't know it until about a week later when I uploaded and reviewed to see which I would delete but one of the emu's(I think it was) looked right at my camera as if to say "What?!" It is one of my favorite pics.
                        "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Not too many pleasant animal sightings at the swamp, I'm sorry to say.

One night there was a raccoon going through the trashcans outside the entrances and he paused at one of the doors and looked inside and the people having a smoke break in there, as if to say "O hai, Im in ur garbidge."

There was the Great Rodent Infestation of 2005-06, due to our remodel and the backroom doors being open all night for at least a month.

Plus there's the birds that occasionally find their way inside, and once there was a bat in the backroom.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

hmmm cute animals and work stories.... well depends on cute but...

The first security job I had in recent history had what I liked to call the great murder in the north lot... yes this is an animal thing, as the murder in question was a murder of crows (love those things) and at one of the other warehouses we had a hawk one summer, was kinda cook to see. and finally there was the birds... duno what kind, but they took up roost in our waste warehouse (basically where cardboard bails and cans and stuff went) that if you went through and they were still up at night eeeerily mimicked the squeak of metal truck doors... Oh and the bunnies that lived pretty much just off our property... cursed Boeing field and it's habitat for long eared bucked tooth breeding machines.

nothing anywhere else work related, but when I was growing up there were quite a few animals where I lived... most fun was the deer that would ear the windfalls from our apple tree, and the feral bunnies.

The cutest thing I ever saw though was one late summer day when I was living in Kansas, a couple feral bunnies were in the yard, one running at the other who would, the one who was the one being ran at would jump over the other one who'd turn around and do it again, looked like fun.

gah I ramble no?

Comment

I completely had forgotten, but one of the hotels in Rio Rancho has had its courtyard designated a hawk habitat. I forget what kind of hawk decided to take up residence in one of the huge pines there. It's even been know to dive-bomb people.

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
                              I live too far from any open areas for coyotes to safely travel.
                              Well, one of the ones I saw was on a street in the middle of Albuquerque.

Of course, we've had bears wander down from the mountains and wander into a medical building in Rio Rancho.

I've got a picture of a Cooper's hawk that was in a shrub trying to get at my sparrows. And I'm always seeing ducks and Canadian geese because of the proximity to the bosque.
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                              X