This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MoonCat View Post
    The smell of that stuff gags me. I'd have had to leave. Yuck.
    Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
    I'd had to leave too - mari-wowie gives me a headache.
    So would I. I'm allergic to it. Makes my eyes swell shut after I want to rip my eyelids off from itching.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I get itchy eyes, but the main problem is it usually makes me curl up into a little ball as my body tries to reject my lungs from my chest with coughing. Ends up giving me a headache as well that lasts for hours...

I work in fast food... >_<

Thankfully the regulars that get the munchies know my voice and give me a heads up so I can run away now, or just don't come in smelling of it. I like my regular pot heads. They are nice. It's the little brats smoking in mommy and daddy's escalade that give me issues. >_<

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
        You would think that working the closing shift in a supermarket meant I could identify the smell of Mary Jane, but nope.
        Occasionally we get some stoners, and the interactions can be amusing. I was once called on to settle a snack argument (Cheetos Puffs vs. Jax), and another time was introduced to the Hot Pocket personality test. Apparently I'm 'cool beans' and shift lead is boring

You'd think being stoned out of one's gourd would mean an inability to operate SCO, but that's not the case...they can navigate it better than some of the sober ones.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

DGC -- Perhaps I should have clarified. The customers who *ahem* partake whom I brought pizzas to apparently allowed the aroma to just sit in the house, sans ventilation. Thus, the aroma was specifically of STALE (and probably really cheap) wonder grass. Heck, even the driver we had who sold the stuff while on his route wasn't stupid enough to "partake" while on duty, nor to come in smelling like he had.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I'm not gonna get into the politics of weed smoking here, because my views are many and complicated, mostly owing to the fact that I was a bit of a stoner.
            (Though, never at work, or in public. Special occasion weekends only, bro.)

One thing I learned very early on was: never smoke that crap inside. Smoke it out the back somewhere so the smell clears away, or, if you have to smoke it inside, do it in the bathroom with the exhaust fan on. Wash your clothes the next day and take a damn shower, not everyone likes the smell.

And NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE HIGH. Rule number one right there. If you call for pizza, leave the delivery driver a tip (Australia does not have a tipping culture/expectation as waiters/fast food workers all get minimum wage at least) for putting up with your silly ass at the door.

Basically, never make you being high someone else's problem.
            Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Comment

Latekin, I really wish other people obeyed those easy rules too.

But I would add 1 more: Have respect for your neighbours.

Basically, don't smoke it for 6 hours at a time (for weeks) in your back yard when it means your neighbours can't open a window or turn on the air con without it filling their house. 35+ degree heat and I couldn't use the air con because it was coming trough. Couldn't even put washing on the clothes line without it stinking. 5 minutes in the backyard and it was like being Dumbo when he had alcohol.

Dad ended up going around and basically saying 'We know you smoke. We don't mind you smoking. But if you don't cut it back we will call the cops.' Two days later, he was back to smoking 1 or 2 a day.

Never smoked the stuff and have only be near people smoking it twice and both left me feeling ill. But I can smell it from a mile away. To me it's a cross between stale cigar smoke and burning compost.
              A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Your neighbor sounds like an inconsiderate idiot. Also, he's one of the "sheah boi, wake n' bake!" losers.
                Mistake Number 1: Never smoke weed in heat like that, you'll make yourself and the people around you feel sick.
                Mistake Number 2: Be considerate, smoke at night when people are less likely to be in their yards and bothered by your smoke.
                Mistake Number 3: If your neighbors are cool about you making a mistake, don't freaking repeat it. Also, give those neighbors a fruit basket or something, cause they're pretty amazing.
                Mistake Number 4: 6 hour sessions on your own? Nobody needs to be that high, ever. Make it a social occasion with some close friends if you must, but crap, share the high around dude.
                Although, you never go above four hours, otherwise some newb tries to drink the bong water.
                Mistake Number 5: If you need to get baked every damn day, you have a problem, and the weed isn't helping. In fact, if you need a coping mechanism that much, lay off the weed bro, it doesn't help problems.

As much as I do like to get stoned sometimes, some folks are really, really bad with weed. And some shouldn't ever pick the stuff up.

I never really got the thing with the weed smell...to me, it just smells like weed. Last batch I had, I left sitting a bit too long, ended up smelling maybe like...dunno, organicky leaf pile sorta smell with a sharp/sour note?
                Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Comment

Yeah he was an inconsiderate asswipe. He was out of work at the time and spent all day smoking it while his wife was at work. His wife didn't realise how much he was smoking until dad went over there.

He also had around 200 pigeons in his backyard at the time. Pretty sure none of those birds were going to be flying straight after about 5 minutes.
                  A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

When we were clearing out my grandmother's house, I found mom's weed stash from when she was in college (how did I not get into it when I was a pup?...or maybe I did, that household was so damn strange I have no idea what I did some days)

Never got a chance to find out if it was still good or not (her idea, not mine ). Someone--probably my idjit uncle--threw it out (he would have had to have gone through my backpack to even find it).
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
                      ...He also had around 200 pigeon...
                      Good thingit wasn't seabirds... he would have left no tern unstoned...
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                        Good thingit wasn't seabirds... he would have left no tern unstoned...
                        BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                        X