Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upon reading the Mr. Rogers article, who went to Youtube and looked for episodes?
    Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
      http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_5...ldhood_p24/#24
      Here's a bunch of things that will ruin your childhood. Good read.
      Well #23 didn't surprise me much. I've seen their photos before and I remember Julie Kavner back from when she played Brenda Morgenstern on "Rhoda".
      21 - I remember thinking that after Gary died. Poor Willis!

and … Mr. Rodgers . Yeah that brings back memories. Just listening to his voice feels like a soothing balm.
      Last edited by PepperElf; 03-22-2013, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Quoth Andrew B. View Post
        Upon reading the Mr. Rogers article, who went to Youtube and looked for episodes?
        I went looking for episodes since I have a little one on the way. And even though...Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood?...is supposed to be in the same style, there is something amazingly different between watching Mr. Rogers, a live person, tell and show you basic lessons vs. computer graphics.
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

http://www.cracked.com/article_20426...y-believe.html

Healing myths

Comment

5 Jokes That Make People in Service Jobs Want to Kill You

"Oh, it's not like I've heard that joke 100,000 times."
            This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Vintage ads for modern products....probably NSFW

Do you ever wish that the advertising genius of yesteryear could be used with today's modern products?Well,good sire,sit down in your comfortable chair in front of the fire,get the good woman to bring the slippers and your dinner and prepare to be delighted.
              We advise you do not let her see it-it will just make her hysterical,and you don't want that after a hard day's work.

Just for you,good sire,is the link.It's probably not safe to open in the presence of those lightweights who you work with.However,you have a strong character and can gaze upon such sights with impunity

http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_2...dern-products/
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

OMFG . . .

Some of those were hysterical and some were WTF were they smoking???

Robbie the Rubber????

And the one for the "Canson" printer . . . I swear they borrowed Mammy from Gone With The Wind . . . just no.

Now #23 I have to wonder about . . . . is that for the Mom or the kids?
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Thinking you didn't get the proper sex ed instruction when you were in school?

Well, here's the Cracked list of lessons that schools should have taught:

http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_9...yd-taught-you/

Not for the faint at heart or delicate sensibilities. IE, read at your own risk.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Identify these at work. Think of it like bingo-cross one off your card when you see them

http://www.collegehumor.com/post/694...r-at-every-job
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I haven't laughed this hard since the Deadspin thread on doing horrible things to the Chicago Cubs' new mascot.

LINK NSFW
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Ah, yes, so many of these are familiar to us...

http://www.cracked.com/article_16994...-hates_p2.html
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Another spot-on article: 4 Behaviors the Modern World Is Only Making Worse
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Is Cracked trying to say something about a prominent person at CS? I realize most of us have our minds in the gutter, but as the article says:

Back then harlots were "knaves," "rapscallions," "roustabouts," and other awesome words that you should all start using so it's not just me anymore
                            By "back then", Cracked is referring to Chaucer's time.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                              Is Cracked trying to say something about a prominent person at CS?
                              Well, he is available to just about anybody, almost anytime, and for a very low fee. (paid for next month's internet yet?)
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I love # 1 the best. Video might be NSFW.
                                http://www.cracked.com/blog/7-worst-...while-high_p1/
                                "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Working...
                                X