This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tapatalk?

Am I just inept (a possibility I never rule out), or is it not possible to use Tapatalk on Android to read this forum?
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Not sure - anyone with an Android device able to confirm or deny?

Rapscallion

Comment

Don't know, I use Forum Runner.
      I suppose I could install Tapatalk to test it if someone else can't answer.

Comment

I used to use forum runner to read the forums on my samsung captivate. When I upgraded to samsung galaxy s4, the app wouldn't work anymore. I'd love it if there was an alternative app available for this board that allowed for easy replying/posting because forum runner only allowed that with the paid version. I do have tapatalk downloaded, but haven't used it yet.

Comment

Is CS even on Tapatalk?
          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Ugh, we have to install yet more software to make it work? If so, we've not done that. I didn't even know Tapatalk existed until this thread.

Rapscallion

Comment

Well then, I'll just deal with having to be at a computer to read here vs. using my phone while commuting via public transit or in the breakroom.

Thanks for the input, all.
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

CS supports forum runner. Know that's on iOS I don't know about android.
                "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                  CS supports forum runner. Know that's on iOS I don't know about android.
                  It is on android and isn't very expensive.

Comment

Quoth lachesis View Post
                    I used to use forum runner to read the forums on my samsung captivate. When I upgraded to samsung galaxy s4, the app wouldn't work anymore. I'd love it if there was an alternative app available for this board that allowed for easy replying/posting because forum runner only allowed that with the paid version. I do have tapatalk downloaded, but haven't used it yet.
                    It's working on my S4. Both on the stock version of the ROM, and on the custom one's I've put on it over the months. Maybe there's been an update to it since the S4 first came out?
                    But the paint on me is beginning to dry
                    And it's not what I wanted to be
                    The weight on me
                    Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

I decided to try forum runner again to test out Ophbalance's suggestion. I had Jellybean when I got the S4 and within the last couple of months there was an update of the OS to KitKat. Unfortunately, there no longer is a free version of forum runner available and I don't want to spend $1.99 in the off chance that it doesn't work. Many people in the reviews on Google Play say the app is very very buggy and won't connect to the remote servers, which is the problem I originally had.

There is a free plug in for site owners to add tapatalk on their site: https://tapatalk.com. Raps, obviously it's your choice on whether you want to entertain this, but it is another option for mobile users to visit the boards and it's customizable. There's a free app for Android, iOS, and even Windows!

Comment

I think the main issue for me is that when I get my arse into gear and update the software when needed, it means more and more work every time. I add this, I add that, the software fights, get them to settle down and all that good stuff. I have to be certain that what I add to the software is worth the work involved, if that makes sense?

How many users of forumrunner are there? Taptalk?

Rapscallion

Comment

1 user of Tapatalk, I haven't tried ForumRunner yet.

Comment

ForumRunner works fine on my HP Touchpad (running CM9) and SG4 (running KitKat).
                            But the paint on me is beginning to dry
                            And it's not what I wanted to be
                            The weight on me
                            Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

ForumRunner here

Comment

Working...
                              X