X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First week of fall semester

First shift attendant

The first shift attendant opens up a garage owned by the parking comany we both work for 7 days a week. His shift is from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday. http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=80949 He gets to work at 6 a.m. Monday through Friday. The reason I know this is because he has to sign the log-in book at campus police in the morning when he gets the keys to the Visitor parking booth, & I have to sign the log-in book when I return the keys at the end of my shift. He told me that he assists customers before his shift begins.

Night School students

Night school parking permits are mailed out to the students requesting them on-line. The student is supposed to get a permit and an access card. Night school parking is at the faculty/staff garage *which is also used for visitor parking on the 1st level until the construction inside the existing Visitor parking garage is completed* on the 2nd level. There were some students Monday through Thursday who 1) only received their night school parking permit or 2) only had a print out receipt stating that which permit they purchased *for the ones with a printout receipt, the student told me that the parking office told them to use the receipt as proof of purchase, & to put it on their dashboard*. The problem for these students is that they could not park on the 2nd level inside the faculty/staff garage because there is an access gate with a card reader at the ramp that goes to the 2nd level. So you need an access card to get to the 2nd level. Those students had to park at the student parking lots.

I have applied for 3 jobs this week. http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=80982.

I was told by my immediate supervisor at the parking company that the construction inside the existing Visitor parking garage could last one to two years. After the construction is completed, he said there will be more changes regarding the Visitor parking booth, but he does not know the specifics.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 08-27-2011, 04:16 PM.

I hope you get one of those jobs you applied for and get to leave soon.

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
      I hope you get one of those jobs you applied for and get to leave soon.
      Me too. I plan on applying for jobs on a weekly basis.

Comment

Meeting with my immediate supervisor

One thing I forgot to mention in my first post is that my immediate supervisor came by on Thursday to find out how things were going for me on the second shift & to give me a form to sign stating that my hours have been reduced.

I noticed this week that no matter what shift you work, customers will still bypass the visitor parking booth, especially when it is busy.

This happened Tuesday through Thursday. There was a 3 day cadet graduation going on at the universities main bldg. Then on Thursday there was a play being held at the universities theater inside the main bldg. Visitors here for the cadet graduation began arriving around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday. During that time students began arriving for night school as well as university staff members who either 1) teach class or 2) work the late shift at some dept. Then there were cars exiting the faculty/staff garage.

So there was a line of traffic at the faculty/staff garage *which is also being used for visior parking* entrance. There were visitors and faculty/staff members in the same line of traffic.

Campus police as well as a staff member from the parking office were were present. The visitors who bypassed the visitor parking booth had no choice but to enter the garage & park in a spot on the first level. The staff member from the parking office told me the number of visitors bypassing the visitor parking booth as well as the number of visitor parking spots that were left.

So I told my immediate supervisor what happened when he came. He wants me to suggest e-mailing the parking office with the idea of posting a big sign right next to the visitor parking booth stating "staff parking only".

I wonder how many visitors would read that sign.

Comment

Working...
        X