Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm completely on the other side of the fence. If we could do something collectively as a nation, I would like nothing more than to inundate him with supportive cards, letters, flowers, etc. I doubt if the "shaming" aspect of this would get through to him, but it might turn someone on the edge of the group away, and it is almost always better revenge to be a bigger person.

Comment

No see we inundate him with support and cards and label them all from LBGTQ advocate groups and military veterans associations, abortion advocates and so on.
      Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
      Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Well, here's something interesting...according to this post on the Daily KOS, he was excommunicated from his own church last year!

These loonies should've had their own reality TV show...
        Last edited by XCashier; 03-17-2014, 05:51 PM. Reason: forgot to indicate the last statement was sarcastic
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          These loonies should've had their own reality TV show...
          NO.

A THOUSAND TIMES NO.

The LAST thing this hate-cult needs is another outlet for their vile beliefs.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Sorry, I was being sarcastic there. Forgot the smiley.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Hey, if Neonazis get an "inside look" special, why not these people? >_>
              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                Hey, if Neonazis get an "inside look" special, why not these people? >_>
                Because we should be Better Than That.

I don't agree with Neonazis getting an "inside look" special either.

Picketing Phelps' funeral should be the last thing anyone should do to give his hate-cult any attention, and then stop publicizing anything they do.

Without attention, they'll wither on the vine.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I just don't understand what causes someone to become so hate-filled in the first place.
                  Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
                    I just don't understand what causes someone to become so hate-filled in the first place.
                    Hate is taught. Either by your family or your friends. So he was taught to hate at some point in his life.
                    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Everyone gets angry, at some point. But the natural reaction to anger is to cool off, eventually, when you realize that whatever it was either wasn't worth getting that angry over, or has become irrelevant due to the fact the underlying issue has been resolved, not necessarily in your favor, but resolved, to the point that bringing it back up does no good.

There's something seriously wrong with a person who is angry, with a capital "A", at someone else, ALL THE TIME.
                      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Like the woman who got (mandatory) prayer out of school. She was famously hateful.
                        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                          Like the woman who got (mandatory) prayer out of school. She was famously hateful.

The infamous Madlyn Murray O'Hair
                          , who at one time was called The Most Hated Woman in America.

She, along with one of her sons and granddaughter, met a grisly end back in the 1990's.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

And that's another thing, why INVITE a gristly end for yourself?

A lot of "professional" nuisance-makers don't seem to understand there are people out there who don't care much for the legal process, and proceed directly to "Murder", do not pass Go, do not collect $200, when sufficiently ticked-off?

Why do that to yourself?

There's a lot of things I could do to make life miserable for people that the law would agree 100% is my right/prerogative, but I don't, because I'd rather be able to walk to my car every night without having to look over my shoulder or hold my breath as I'm turning the key............
                            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Some people are so totally convinced that they are RIGHT that they can't even consider another point of view. The worse ones are people like Phelps, who believed he also had a right to try to shove his beliefs down everyone else's throat. He doesn't even have the capacity for logic. After all, at one time there were actually laws against homosexuality in this country (I think some states still have some on the books!) yet people have been dying in wars all through our history.

Although I'm not convinced that the rest of his collection of hate-mongers really believe that stuff. I think they just figured a way to make money without actually working; they tick people off until someone sues them, then they collect damages because the courts always uphold the Freedom of Speech laws.
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                                Front and center would be a big sign reading "GOD HATES BIGOTS".
                                Don't forget the sign "Dead WBC members are God's punishment to America for allowing wackdoodles to disrupt soldiers' funerals".

My guess is that on meeting Phelps, St. Peter will tell him "Go to Hell!".
                                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X