This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help For A Friend

A FB friend posted earlier that her phone's battery was not holding a charge, it kept shutting on & off...Anywho, she tried again to charge it & the phone got overheated & shut down on her, she said she looked at the battery (battery was 3 yrs old) & it has a bubble on it.

She tried taking it to the phone place ( phone is Android based so I'm guessing Apple??) & they put new battery in & tried testing it & they told her it was fried

Now, my question is, she had graduation pics/vids, funeral pics/vids etc on her phone, is there ANY WAY that stuff can be retrieved that she hasn't thought of/tried yet?

Thanks Guys
    K
    "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Would this help?:

http://www.asoftech.com/articles/rec...ead-phone.html
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Ok, well, every Apple device I've at Best Buy & such as had an Android O/S ( I think, I'm not much into Apple, too restricting as far as I'm concerned) So because she said it was 'Droid based that's why I thought Apple

As far as lesson learned, that's true, but as this friend is already upset enough about potentially losing things that can't be replaced, I think I'll hold off on the 'I told you so' attitude for now. No need to twist the knife & make things worse for her than they already are

Thank you Sheldon, for actually posting something that may be helpful...I copied & pasted the link for her on FB....She's going to have her son take a look at what you posted & see if anything can be done, she will let me know if she needs anymore help
      "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

Quoth CorneliaMarieRocks View Post
        Ok, well, every Apple device I've at Best Buy & such as had an Android O/S ( I think, I'm not much into Apple, too restricting as far as I'm concerned) So because she said it was 'Droid based that's why I thought Apple

As far as lesson learned, that's true, but as this friend is already upset enough about potentially losing things that can't be replaced, I think I'll hold off on the 'I told you so' attitude for now. No need to twist the knife & make things worse for her than they already are

Thank you Sheldon, for actually posting something that may be helpful...I copied & pasted the link for her on FB....She's going to have her son take a look at what you posted & see if anything can be done, she will let me know if she needs anymore help
        I'll keep my fingers crossed. Just in case, I found a lot of links with info when I did a google search using the search terms "Recovering pics from a dead Android". There may be other help out there.
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Just FYI: *NO* Apple iDevice runs Android. Apple iDevices run a completely different system, written entirely by Apple, called iOS.

If your friend's phone actually does run Android, then it isn't actually made by Apple.

Comment

I have heard that some people have got iPhones working on Android, but they're quite tech savvy.

However it isn't just that Apple don't run Android. Apple *HATE* Android. If it runs Android, then it'll be Samsung, LG, Sony Ericsson, Huawei, HTC, ZTE or any number of other smaller companies that run it.

Sadly battery life plagues smartphones across the board (Android, Apple, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, etc) - If everything is turned on (data, GPS, bluetooth, wi-fi, etc) then you'll be extremely lucky to get a day's worth of battery life.

If you use the phone as well, then unfortunately it'll get warm too.

My suggestions would be as follows:
            1) Turn off everything that you don't need (data, bluetooth, GPS)
            2) Stop any programs running in the background (different handsets do this in different ways)
            3) Turn down screen brightness.

If all else fails then do what I did and buy a couple of spare batteries. Not possible if you've got certain handsets such as Nokia Lumias, iPhones, Nexuses).

As for recovering photos then if it's a phone that has some kind of cloud storage (iPhones, Samsung Galaxies, etc) then all those photos might have been backed up on the cloud. Of course it all depends on how it's set up and how the privacy is set. Just ask Jennifer Lawrence...

Hope these help.

EDIT: Apologies - I just re-read the original post and could see it looks like something more terminal with the battery. Might be worth getting a new battery. Or, try plugging in the phone on charge with NO battery inside. You *might* be lucky and be able to run it off the mains to recover those photos.
            Last edited by retro; 09-17-2014, 08:10 PM.

Comment

A lot of Android phones have their storage on a MicroSD card hidden in the battery compartment. If you find it, you can remove it, put it in an adapter and read the contents on your computer.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                A lot of Android phones have their storage on a MicroSD card hidden in the battery compartment. If you find it, you can remove it, put it in an adapter and read the contents on your computer.
                My Android phone has both a MicroSD card and internal memory. Everything seems to default to the internal memory, so don't rely on things being on the SD card.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth retro View Post
                  got iPhones working on Android
                  iDroid. Did it to my 3g, but it's still pretty abysmal at this point, really just a lark.

Comment

Sounds like the fake iOS apps that you can get on Google Play then. I fooled a mate of mine thinking I'd installed iOS on my Samsung as he knew I wasn't Apple's biggest fan.

Comment

As others have posted, typically there's a separate MicroSD card in the vast majority of Android devices. Most times, not all, but most times that becomes the default storage location for images. If the phone is plugged into a USB cable does it power up? If so, good deal! When plugged into a computer it should yield a device that you can open and view files on.
                      But the paint on me is beginning to dry
                      And it's not what I wanted to be
                      The weight on me
                      Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Working...
                      X