This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
    I already know that, but no way in h**l am I going to point it out to her!!!!
    Yes, there are more effective ways for her to learn that lesson.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Please, no! Then we'll be back to "This has a virus. Buy me something else!!"
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
        A quick search online shows (sponsored) articles demonstrating a tiny improvement in battery life on Androids, mostly extrapolated from meagre datapoints. I also saw a link to a version on the App Store; purely due to how iOS sandboxes everything and prevents apps from intercommunication I would expect no benefit at all in that situation. No report of harm though.
        Reading further down in the comments shows a darker fate in store: The advertisements. Their products are a rather kind of a side effect tacked on to ad delivery, and the ads aren't exactly ...healthy for you.

Comment

Quoth Buzzard View Post
          Reading further down in the comments shows a darker fate in store: The advertisements. Their products are a rather kind of a side effect tacked on to ad delivery, and the ads aren't exactly ...healthy for you.
          This times a MILLION.
          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
            I already know that, but no way in h**l am I going to point it out to her!!!!
            When I worked for Old Uni, *everyone* at work had a Mac. The exceptions were myself (due to necessity - some of the government software I dealt with could not be run on a Mac), the IT guy (self-explanatory) and the head of one of our branches (as it also ran an after-school program and some of the software THERE couldn't run on a Mac).

Turns out that my boss had bought them for pretty much that reason. This created more problems than it solved, the biggest of which was that there was no way to set up software that could deal with student printing (we charged for students to print) - our workaround was this tedious-as-shit process that I hated BIG time.

Thankfully for my current job, the only folks who have Macs are the publishing team and the website design guy. Everyone else uses Windows (although we do have some slight issues with some of the laptops still using an older version of Windows)

Comment

Working...
            X