This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Am Not Willing To Break The Law For You+ Bonus

I work at a drugstore in the US (the other Wal with a color in the name). I have been working the photo lab. Its stressful this time of year. Luckily some customers understand and I will bend over backwards to make sure they are happy.

Not This Lady
    She had a tablet. She was getting a boob job. Wanting photos printed out fo her doctor, she came in to us. Main issue is, many modeling pictures are professional. I cannot print them without a release form (per law). She turned from nice to bitch in .6 seconds. Her excuse was "It is on the internet, I should get it". I would not budge. She had me call my manager and he backed me up. We can't give advice on how to get these pictures, technically. But he said to talk to our competitor . The guy I helped after her thanked me (loudly) and said he was a professional photographer and he is glad our store is protecting them.

Bonus- not sucky, just hilarious
    My machine was down today. Only hope to salvage some sales is our instant printer. This guy, mid 20's in a suit, comes in and wanted to get some 4x6s done. Easy enough. New phone, so not many pictures. I plug it in and we went by folder hoping it was the correct one. It was pictures of naked girls . I look away, but other than that I don't care. I unplug and we start again and went with a different approach. Found what he wanted. He was thoroughly embarrassed, but I told him I have seen worse and it isn't my business what he puts on his phone. The poor guy. At least we had a good laugh about it.
    Last edited by cashierbex; 12-12-2013, 11:54 PM.

I am an Amateur Photographer, and I thank you as well.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

I really wonder what kind of entitled "Speshul Snowflake" you have to be to not understand what "It's against the law" means.

But I know why they do it. They figure you're just a peon who doesn't know what they're talking about and doesn't want to do their job, so you just say it's illegal because you're lazy and don't want to help them.

That's the only thing I can think of.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I also am a photographer when not doing my day job, and thank you and your manager for sticking up for our rights. Bravo!
        Mytical: A SC? Make a mistake? Oh goodness no. Must have been the little pink men from the planet parsley in the butternut galaxy. We all know that SC's could NEVER make mistakes.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
          you're just a peon who doesn't know what they're talking about and doesn't want to do their job,
          Or, they know it's illegal, and just don't care if an employee or store gets in trouble, as long as they get their way. (See multiple "ID" threads. )

Probably runs about fifty-fifty.

Comment

A guy in his mid 20s with pictures of naked girls on his phone? I don't think I'd even bat an eyelash.
            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
            X