This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a bitch, and I just can't hide it

So with the holiday season upon us, we have a crop of new hires, who need alot of hand holding. Most of the time when they call for a MOD, I or one of the others who have been awhile can answer their questions.

Last week, a customer demanded that we honored an expired coupon. Newbie, calls for a MOD, I'm standing about 3 registers away and don't really need the headset to talk to newbie, but do so so the MOD knows I've got this. Where I'm standing also means that I can pitch my voice so the customer can hear, and I ask whats up.

N: (head set)The customer wants a manger to honor his expired coupon.

Me: (head set)No.

N: (headset) No?

Me: (headset and pitched loud enough so customer can hear) No, the coupon clearly states the 7 seven days he has to come in a use it. If he can't get here in the set amount of time, then he does not get the discount.

Customer: You know your inner bitch is showing!

Me: (without headset right to customer)I love how you think I'm trying to hide it. There's no inner, its all bitch all the time.

MOD: {had started to walk up heard the conversation and turned around so as not to be seen by the customer}(over headset) 1. I can't believe he said that to you. 2. I can't BELIEVE that was your response to him and 3. Thank you for handling that. You better not get a compliant

Me: (headset) Phffffft! I'd like to see him try it. By the way nice "Nope"-ing, I saw you turn away

MOD: (headset) You have no proof, I was called elsewhere.

Me: (headset) Yeah right
    Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

"You're the nicest evil person I know" one of my managers to me

Quoth worddork View Post
    ...There's no inner, its all bitch all the time.
    Your theme song:
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Thank you for this story. I love it!
      Good customer medicine. No wait, good medicine
      for bad customer.

Comment

I love to do this to some of my "customers", but I guarentee I'd get the boot...

Comment

My inner bitch came through at work occasionally too. I think you handled that really well!

Comment

Quoth Firecrackers Not Included View Post
            Thank you for this story. I love it!
            Good customer medicine. No wait, good medicine
            for bad customer.
            I think the real reason to MOD was okay with my response was because she knew I would be gone the following week due to my tonsillectomy, so I wasn't going to be there if he did come back to complain.
            Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

"You're the nicest evil person I know" one of my managers to me

Comment

Working...
            X