This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruffles and Muffles

^ is an extract from one of James Herriot's books, perfectly detailing two nasty little dogs that are that way cuz their owners made them that way.

Also, stating the obvious: a customer once came into the petrol station and said, you guessed it, "Hmm, smells of petrol".
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

"Ummmm WTF I don't even....#`%${%&`+'${`%&NO CARRIER

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
        I've sad this before...I'd rather deal with a rottie or pibble any day over a little yapper with an alpha complex. You might get nudged, pushed, or slobbered on from the lummoxes, but the little breeds tend to have more quick biters.
        Or as Dad said when he'd do the outside lawn and garden runs... both are easily handled with the proper application of the tool box. The only difference is how you use the toolbox. He'd dropped the box in front of the smaller breeds and made them rethink the idea of biting and for the bigger breeds, it was a shield against the overly affectionate!

Our big dogs are not biters. In most cases they won't get near a stranger, preferring to stand back and bark a lot. That's their job and the only time they are to "attack," is only if our lives are in danger. Or it's a wild animal. That's how they were trained from puppyhood. FYI, a skunk killed in the front yard is both a wonderful and awful thing.. It also results in the poor dog being stuck outside until the next day, when we could give him a bath.. repeatedly.

It's the little white and black rat terrier we have to keep an eye on. She WILL BITE strangers and we've tried everything to break her of that. Nothing sinks into that little head!
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

One of the little dogs I take care of (longhaired chi) does get yappy around strangers but I tend to keep him on a short leash. When our walking route used to go by a school, kids would rush the fence and cause him to freak out (one of the playground monitors tried to yell at me for 'kicking' him when he got scared and wrapped the leash around my legs trying to hide behind me--shouldn't you be teaching kids to not run up to strange dogs, or are you hoping he fear-bites someone so you can sue?).
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
          X