This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tried to let you know...

The last couple days at work, I spent the last part of my day calling customers that there is an issue with the order they had placed--mainly either something that is on backorder until way after Christmas or an item that is being discontinued and is no longer available, although there are a few issues with the cc used as well. For the most part, it's leaving a message on voicemail...but some people just feel the need to be difficult.

strike one

Me: Hi this Deevil with BrainyToys calling in regards to a recently placed order, is Customer1 available?

Answeree: I don't want it. <click>

--okay, order cancelled and note on account that person spoken to indicated they did not want the order

strike two

Me: Hello, may I please speak to Customer2

(fumbling sound like the phone is being set down and then disconnected...so I redial)

Answeree2: Hello?

Me: Hi, I need to speak with Customer2 about an order she placed last week. Is this her?

About ten seconds of silence and then a feedback squeal for five or so seconds and hung up on

--make notation on account that tried contacting customer and if she calls back to let her know the one item will not be instock until Feb.

strike three

Me: Hi, may I speak with Customer3?
    <click> Redial
    Me: This is Deevil from BrainyToys, may I speak with Customer3 about the order we received in the mail from...
    <click>

--pass it on to Sup D that the customer he asked me to call about the declined cc hung up on me twice, he will try one more time and if he can't get any corrected/new cc info the order will be cancelled and somebody's grandkids won't be getting the presents from grandma

Next call: "You ruined Christmas for my kids!"

Comment

I'm betting that all three of them thought you were a telemarketer.

Won't they be surprised.

Of course this will be all your fault when they don't get the things they ordered.

SC
      "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
        I'm betting that all three of them thought you were a telemarketer.

Won't they be surprised.

Of course this will be all your fault when they don't get the things they ordered.

SC
        This. Poor OP is gonna get it in the neck from these customers and it's no one's fault but their own! If they complain, I think you should tell them what you tried to do.

Comment

I'd agree, except that in this day and age, most people have some form of voice mail. I have an answering machine and all unidentified callers get sent to it. I'll listen while they talk and if it's important (aka not someone pushing some sort of sale) I'll call back.

I always hated calling customers for estimates, because those were the ones that would pull crap like this and then call back complaining that they didn't get an estimate. Well, if you'd stop hanging up on me, you would have!

And no, you can't confront the idiots with their idiocy... the most you can say is, "I see noted that several attempts were made to call with the estimate and each time our representative was hung up on." So imagine my satisfaction when a customer missed out on a free high-end VCR due to this behavior.
          If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I do the answering machine as well. If I don't know the number I won't answer. But if the message is relevant I'll call back. People are strange.

Comment

If you hang up on me at work, I DO NOT call you back. MoonCat's rule
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I really hope those call are recorded so they can be played back for the customers when they inevitably complain you never tried to contact them.
                Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

One time Staples called me because there was something wrong with my order and I definitely could NOT mistake them for a telemarketer. I'm glad they called me too! That was the best print order they ever did for me. I'm tempted to make the same mistake so they have to call me and do it all over again just so I can get the same quality.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    If you hang up on me at work, I DO NOT call you back. MoonCat's rule
                    My rules for answering my phone are pretty much this:

You have no Caller ID, I don't answer

If I don't recognize the number, I don't answer and wait to see if it goes to voicemail

You have an out of area number but do not leave a voicemail, I don't call the number back.

Repeated calls are blocked, especially those who call repeatedly within that day (say, three or more times. iPhone 4s has the feature that can block an individual number from calling or texting.)
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                    X