This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 365 Days

So, I've not been around here much, but there are some fairly good reasons.

365 days ago (well, 366, I stayed up late watching Chronicle) this happened.

365 days later, I've still not had a drink. I've been sorely tempted some days, and quitting was, has been, and will continue to be one of the hardest things I'm ever going to do with my life. There is still the constant want, sitting just behind my conscious mind, and a bad day can bring it up. So can a good day. Which is why it's recovering alcoholic, and not recovered alcoholic.

So, yes, it's been a hard road. Not the reason I've not been around here, though.

See, I went and got myself busy. I got that new job I was interviewing for, and it turns out I'm a perfect fit for it. Sure, there's bad days, and stressful days, but I've had 2 promotions since February, I'm healthier, happier, saner, and most of that is due to 365 days ago.

And that is due to my wonderful wife, and my wonderful friends who were there for me through it, including Kara.

Anyway, I've been keeping busy, which has kept me away from here. But this place is going to always be a special place. It's the first time I talked about it in a public place, quitting drinking. So it's only fitting that I do this a year later.

One day at a time, and so long and thanks for all the jelly babies and all that.

Wonderful, and good luck each and every day you make the decision to continue!
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Awesome! Congratulations on both the new job and making it to a year sober. That is one hell of an effort!
      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

You rock!!! Keep it up. We're proud of you!
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

How awesome! That takes some serious willpower!
          Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

I remember that post, and I definitely remember commenting about Birdemic. Congratulations on keeping it up! And congratulations on the job!

Comment

I'm proud of you. That was a tough decision to make and a helluva struggle, but you overcame it and now you're much better off.

Congratulations on the new job, promotions and sobriety. I wish you all the best now and in the future.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Congratulations! That's a hell of a struggle, but you already know that. I'm happy for you and wish you well in life.

Comment

Working...
                X