This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts, energies, prayers

...whatever it is you do for those requesting or needing...

...Sixteen have been reported dead as of Tuesday night, 19th of November, this the year of Our Lord, 2013.
    Our Prayers, thoughts, energies, lit candles, etc. are needed to help bolster those already digging out of the rubble.
    If you are able to do so, as I am not (Tennessee is a distance away from IL), then I do hope you will take the time to assist in the local efforts to clear and rebuild.

P.S. Before you tell me it's "C.E. or Current Era", does that mean the 20th century and the 1st millennium are now BCE? It's the past century/millennium.
    Last edited by MadMike; 11-21-2013, 02:11 AM. Reason: That last bit was uncalled for.

... and donations, from those who are able, to the charity of your choice.

Two of my cousins lost their houses in Sunday's tornadoes. They have insurance, but there are many who do not, or do not have sufficient insurance to rebuild. A helping hand is always welcome.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

Its quite a horrible disaster, winter storms like this tend to be insane. My prayers are with those affected.
      Last edited by MadMike; 11-21-2013, 02:12 AM. Reason: Removed reference to deleted material
      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Tyg3rW01f View Post
        P.S. Before you tell me it's "C.E. or Current Era", does that mean the 20th century and the 1st millennium are now BCE? It's the past century/millennium.
        I had to look it up because I've never heard of C.E. before.
        Last edited by MadMike; 11-21-2013, 02:12 AM. Reason: Removed reference to deleted material.

Comment

What is this C.E. of which you speak? Never heard it used until you mentioned it.

My thoughts are with those who lost their homes and loved ones in the storms.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            What is this C.E. of which you speak? Never heard it used until you mentioned it.
            C.E./B.C.E. are a secular way of saying A.D./B.C. After all, the demarcation point between B.C. and A.D. is a major event in a particular family of religions (Christianity), but is completely irrelevant to other religions (e.g. Hinduism).

Note: C.E. is "Common Era", B.C.E. is "Before Common Era". I've always heard it that way, rather than "Current Era".
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
            X